Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nikon blows!!

Nikon blows!!

First off I've had Nikon Monarch 4's for years and they have been and in fact still are great. The eye cups have worn out and need replacing. I thought 25 year warranty and maybe $40 for parts.. NOPE they wont fix them as they don't have the parts. Fair enough, BUT they want me to upgrade at a "discounted price" for just under $600. Hell I can get the same pair of Monarch 7's on amazon for $25 more and have 2 pairs.

So in short DON'T buy Nikon, I hear they don't make scopes any longer and apparently can't count to 25. So now I'm shopping for Monarch 7 quality binos and will jerry rig the old pair and make them truck binos.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Nikon blows!!

Interesting. I was considering getting the monarch hg binos maybe this spring. Maybe not now.

Check out the leupold bx4
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

I think this is the second time I’ve read Nikon warranty issues in the last month or so...
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

I dealt with Nikon warranty when I bought a pair of used Monarch 3’s for my wife. They had an issue of seeing double. I sent them away and Nikon sent me back a pair of Monarch 5’s at no extra cost. I was so impressed with those Monarch 5’s that I upgraded my Vortex Diamondbacks to the Monarch 7’s. The Monarch 7’s are really solid and I am very happy with my purchase. I have nothing but a good experience with Nikon. Weird how one person has a negative experience and another has nothing but positive.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

No different with their camera warranty, won't buy another one or have anything to do with Nikon.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenthumbed View Post
    I dealt with Nikon warranty when I bought a pair of used Monarch 3’s for my wife. They had an issue of seeing double. I sent them away and Nikon sent me back a pair of Monarch 5’s at no extra cost. I was so impressed with those Monarch 5’s that I upgraded my Vortex Diamondbacks to the Monarch 7’s. The Monarch 7’s are really solid and I am very happy with my purchase. I have nothing but a good experience with Nikon. Weird how one person has a negative experience and another has nothing but positive.
    Don't get me wrong, I love the glass, but don't like the service. 25 year warranty used to mean something.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

I had a similar eye cup problem with my Leupolds , sent them to Korth's and within 10 days a brand new pair of bino's arrived on my doorstep . This was an upgraded model as they no longer made the ones I sent in , no charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love the glass, but don't like the service. 25 year warranty used to mean something.
    Sounds like you dealt with a shitty rep. I would give them another try with someone else at the company. They should definitely send you a new set if they dont have the parts. That's on them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank grimes View Post
    Interesting. I was considering getting the monarch hg binos maybe this spring. Maybe not now.
    I have been using the HG for a couple of seasons now ... they are fantastic binos. From my research I concluded that I could not find anything better for the price.

Ive been VERY happy with them