Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: caddisgirl bags a blacktail buck

Re: caddisgirl bags a blacktail buck

Attacaddisgirl!

Well written account, stellar effort at locating your buck.
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.

Thumbs up Re: caddisgirl bags a blacktail buck

Now that's going the distance!
    Well Done!!
    And of coarse CONGRATS!!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Congrats and thanks for taking us along Caddiscrew!

Congrats on a good end to the story. Persistence pays. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Well caddisguy and girl the main thing I'm reminded of reading this latest adventure is... methodical tracking, keeping a cool head and a shit load of persistence can most certainly trump some less than stellar planning and a good dose of bad luck. kudos to you two once again. Man, I remember some years back caddisguy you be all full of questions, starting from the start in this hunting thing. Now I'm learning from you guys. For real. And one last bit of advice if I may, you guys might want to look in to a bigger freezer. LOL. Epic year congrats!
    Thanks Salty! It sure was nice for caddisgirl was able to tag that blacktail. After all the psychological torture the grouse up at the chicken coup inflicted on us few weeks back, we were starting to question ourselves.

I learned so much from all good people on here. If anyone is able to grab a take away from any of the posts/stories (even if it's a "what not to do" type of take away LOL) that makes me feel good... we're still green horns in the grand scheme of things, so there should probably be some kind of "legal / will not be held liable" disclaimer on my tagline

Epic day, very good write up, Nice ending, Congats Girl!

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Thanks Salty! It sure was nice for caddisgirl was able to tag that blacktail. After all the psychological torture the grouse up at the chicken coup inflicted on us few weeks back, we were starting to question ourselves.

I learned so much from all good people on here. If anyone is able to grab a take away from any of the posts/stories (even if it's a "what not to do" type of take away LOL) that makes me feel good... we're still green horns in the grand scheme of things, so there should probably be some kind of "legal / will not be held liable" disclaimer on my tagline
    The caddis adventures are helping a lot of readers there's no doubt

Funny you mention the 'coup I was up there this afternoon hadn't been in quite a while. And true to its handle I saw 3 grouse. I gotta say man they were the most paranoid skittish grouse I've seen all year you'd almost think they've been shot at before.

Again, congrats to caddisgirl.
    Last edited by Salty; 10-27-2020 at 07:03 PM.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Thanks for sharing your adventure! The part I liked best was the 06 startling you whilst you were not following the action!! That is funny stuff! I even get startled stepping out of the truck at the range! Congrats to both!!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Great story folks

so many parts sound so familiar

hunting in my jammies? not so much......

having the boss make the coffee? Yikes, I cannot even fathom how to broach that one with my gf

you captured the second third, fourth and fifth guessing (we all do) very well

well done, thanks for the adventure

chris