Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swaro STS 65 HD - Stay on case

Swaro STS 65 HD - Stay on case

What are you guys doing for stay on cases. I am tempted to purchase the swaro case but it's a little over priced. That being said I don't want potentially damage my scope. I have been running without it so far but I get nervous stuffing it in my pack as the factory eye piece cover falls off time to time.

I have looked at kings camo and Kite and others but can't make up my mind.

Any thoughts?
    WSSBC
    CCFR

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Swaro STS 65 HD - Stay on case

Can koozie over the eyepiece. Held on by the sight tube on the angled Swaro scope I have. Works great for 10 seasons now. Not sure if you have a sight tube on the straight scope? The Swaro are already rubber armored. No damage to the scope from the pack. Use common sense and don't put your tripod right next to the scope. Most of the stuff i pack is relatively soft and won't hurt the scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Blockcaver View Post
    Can koozie over the eyepiece. Held on by the sight tube on the angled Swaro scope I have. Works great for 10 seasons now. Not sure if you have a sight tube on the straight scope? The Swaro are already rubber armored. No damage to the scope from the pack. Use common sense and don't put your tripod right next to the scope. Most of the stuff i pack is relatively soft and won't hurt the scope.
    Yeah im not worried about the scope body but the lenses already lost a spring out of the front cover so it doesn't stay on great then then factory front cover cover isn't great.

I'll try the koozie idea! Thanks!
    WSSBC
    CCFR

I use a Kite branded neoprene cover. So far, so good. I modified it a bit by removing the extra foam they had on the lens covers and instead use the plastic swaro ones. They are held in place with velcro. Have a look online and it will make more sense!

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    Yeah im not worried about the scope body but the lenses already lost a spring out of the front cover so it doesn't stay on great then then factory front cover cover isn't great.

I'll try the koozie idea! Thanks!
    Send the lens cover to Swarovski and they will send you a new one. If you can afford a Swarovski ATS, what's an extra 400$ for their cover?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver Skin View Post
    I use a Kite branded neoprene cover. So far, so good. I modified it a bit by removing the extra foam they had on the lens covers and instead use the plastic swaro ones. They are held in place with velcro. Have a look online and it will make more sense!
    Thanks I will have another look at those.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Send the lens cover to Swarovski and they will send you a new one. If you can afford a Swarovski ATS, what's an extra 400$ for their cover?
    For sure going to send the cover in once the season is over. And you are right. I could just buy the Swaro cover. Just looking for other options. $400 is alot compared to what other manufacturers offer.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

Wrap your extra pair of socks around it when in your pack.
    It keeps both caps in place.

I use one from Cabelas but I think they ceased selling them.

Kings camo also makes them but they are short on inventory right now.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by Deadshot View Post
    Wrap your extra pair of socks around it when in your pack.
    It keeps both caps in place.
    Good idea. How did I not think of that haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    I use one from Cabelas but I think they ceased selling them.

Kings camo also makes them but they are short on inventory right now.
    I found one from Outdoor Vision. Looks a little bulky but priced well. Gonna give it a try.

I was really looking for one similar to the Kings Camo. A tight fitted neoprene cover. My buddy runs one like that on his Raxor and it works great.

Like some have said here. If the Outdoor Vision case ends up being to bulky or something I will just do the sock or koozie idea.

Thanks alot for the ideas guys!
    WSSBC
    CCFR

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

I cut a wool sock and used it on the the scope for my fly in sheep hunt, long enough to cover both eyepiece and the objective lens when in my pack.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America