Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing Hunter Link Lake area

Missing Hunter Link Lake area

Anyone in the Link Lk area near Princeton? A buddies friend hunting SE of Osprey/Link Lk has not checked in for over 24hrs. SAR has been notified but if anyone is in the area able to go check his camp. It’s a black ford truck F150 with black enclosed trailer and a black Canam Outlander 2up. His name is Corey. If you pm me I can provide a pin of his camp location.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Missing Hunter Link Lake area

Update! He’s been found. All is good. He lost cell reception because of bad weather.

Quote Originally Posted by dmaxtech View Post
    Update! He’s been found. All is good. He lost cell reception because of bad weather.
    great news!!!

I'd be fricken pissed if somebody put a search out for me cuz I didn't call mommy in a 24hr period, but thats just me!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    I'd be fricken pissed if somebody put a search out for me cuz I didn't call mommy in a 24hr period, but thats just me!

better safe than sorry I guess, even more so with the snow dump a lot of people likely weren’t prepared for.. but I’m with you, it would be embarrassing if everything was OK but that’s the better alternative than freezing to death because you’re friends thought you were a manly man and gave you an extra day to freeze with an injury.

Good to Hear as its starting to Winter up out there now ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    better safe than sorry I guess, even more so with the snow dump a lot of people likely weren’t prepared for.. but I’m with you, it would be embarrassing if everything was OK but that’s the better alternative than freezing to death because you’re friends thought you were a manly man and gave you an extra day to freeze with an injury.
    Yup. No need to be embarrassed. YOU didn’t call them. I’d far rather be able to say “What? You’re looking for ME? Well, you found me and I’m fine. Thank you and goodbye”. The alternative situation where you are actually hurt because you slipped on wet rock and broke your ankle or whatever and were stuck on the mountain is far more dangerous. Just because you are a hunter, it doesn’t make you a survival expert.

Glad your buddie was fine OP.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

LOL, Kinda makes me wonder how anyone ever went out of the house for more than a day before they invented cell phones...

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    LOL, Kinda makes me wonder how anyone ever went out of the house for more than a day before they invented cell phones...
    Those loved ones at home worried and fretted.
    Obviously you have no one to worry or fret about you and would if there is someone they espouse “good riddance to *** ******”
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I've seen both side. Buddy reported me missing to the Lillooet RCMP as I was ONE day late showing up for a camping trip!! Had to go into town and say I was ok.
    Had a buddy who's friend and son went missing near Red lake. Jumped out of the truck to chase a buck and got turned around. They were gone overnight and everyone was worried sick. Tough call when lives may be on the line.