Thread: Region3-30

Region3-30

Can anyone tell me if there has been any fires the last couple of years in 3-30 North of Loon Lake?
    Im talking about the area that includes Knife Lakes , Dougherty Lake and then further North to Chasam .
    Is the 3100 Road in good shape also known as the Northen Loon Lake Road ?
    Is the 3400 Road also known as the Chasam Road in good shape ?
    Thank You!
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Region3-30

I was up there about 2.5 weeks ago,camped near Dougherty lake, theres some burnt areas, but the undergrowth is in good shape, the Hihium side was more burnt, saw some does and a buck that gave us the slip, it was really warm when we were there and everything we saw was first thing in the morning. I got a buck not far from there last week.

No fires that I know of since elephant hill ripped through in 2017. I can’t speak to the condition of the 3100 and 3400 this year although historically the 340p has been well kept and heavily used by logging traffic, mound road(I believe this is the 3100) gets quite muddy and is not maintained around the knife lake and Dougherty lake area.
    Last edited by mike-juliet; 10-18-2020 at 08:02 PM.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

The roads around Dougherty Lake or the main that goes by it is in good shape, the short drive into Dougherty is very greasy, the Loon Lake/Mounds Ranch Road Is getting really bad in spots, it should freeze this week so that should help the conditions, take a shovel and chains or at least some ropes for emergency chains as the side roads are brutal.
    we had a fair bit of rain this past week up there so be careful.

The north side of the Plateau still has some areas that are not burnt, from the Chasm to the SW out to the Mounds Ranch wasn’t burnt.
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 10-18-2020 at 08:34 PM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Thank You fellas for the replies ! Think we’re going to head up that way next week . You might recall yet another of my threads LOL. Mulie Quest this thread sort of ties in with it .The two of us may head that way .
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Just got back on Saturday from a week hunting that area.
    As stated previously the underbrush is good as well as areas where the fire skipped over. A lot more life starting to return to the area which is good to see.
    Some areas were greasy for sure...lots of traffic around...but there are some bucks still around.

good luck