Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Region 8

Re: Region 8

In the same spot in 8-12 for the 3rd year in a row. Saw a few MD does and bumped one WT buck last Thursday but it was too thick to get a shot. Haven’t seen anything since. Fresh snow yesterday and I hiked all the higher traffic areas I’ve found in the past couple years and not a single fresh track. Way less hunters than the previous 2 years so maybe the masses know something I don’t. One more afternoon/evening and tomorrow morning and then I have to head home. Fingers crossed, I found out the deep freezer shit the bed at home a few days ago so there’s no meat left to go home to. Fortunately there wasn’t much left.

for my reg 8 hunt this year, it was way busier than 2 years ago but less than last year...only saw truck hunters this year but last year I saw several groups blind hunting while I was "spot and stalking hunting" off the beaten path last year.

ps I got my deer there at first light of first day for does...55lbs deboned and wrapped..6-10 lbs trim for the dog..only had deer tacos so far..yummy
    Last edited by wideopenthrottle; 10-19-2020 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thompie505 View Post
    Kind of off topic, but in 8-12 or 8-14 can you take 1 antlered and 1 antlerless? Or just 1 total? The refs are a bit confusing with the BL showing 1 for all the seasons except Dec Bow. I called 2 CO’s but haven’t heard back.
    You can shoot both your buck and doe if they were side by side. Regional bag limit for whitetail is 2 but only one may be antlerless.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    So the official count from yesterday confirmed that there was more people hunting in Region 8 than were shopping at Wal-Mat
    That comment was from Facebook .............................
    Definitely been busy but from what I hear it didn't stop your safety from coming off once or twice recently..
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Redo View Post
    Agreed, it is very confusing this year. Historically it has been 1 and 1. Would love an answer also.
    It is unambiguous. Look at page 86 of the regulations synopsis.

One only mule deer and two whitetail only of which one may be a buck and one antlerless.

Drove into my favourite WT spot on the evening of the 12th. No one had been in it that day which shocked me as it's no secret spot. Killed my doe for the year five minutes into the hunt.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    Depends where "your spot" is.
    Today there's snow on most of the hills, not much mind you.
    Altitude where you are going?
    In the past 15 years or so of hunting around the Princeton / Tulameen area most years there's been snow in the hills.
    I will be between 1500m and 1600m. Penticton area
    Last edited by ekul246; 10-19-2020 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pg83 View Post
    Drove into my favourite WT spot on the evening of the 12th. No one had been in it that day which shocked me as it's no secret spot. Killed my doe for the year five minutes into the hunt.
    Where's the Like Button?:��

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Definitely been busy but from what I hear it didn't stop your safety from coming off once or twice recently..
    Yes was very, very close to a bit of finger pressure ........................... Will be a great hard bar -campfire story ........
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by ekul246 View Post
    I will be between 1500m and 1600m. Penticton area
    Webcams at Apex resort west of Hwy 97 outside Penticton. The village is at 1629 meters.
    https://www.apexresort.com/the-mountain/webcams/

Mt. Baldy resort weather report. Baldy is on the east side of Hwy 97 outside Oliver. Village at 1729 meters.
    http://baldyresort.com/mt-baldy-weather-report/

Forecasts in & around the Okanagan looks to be falling temperatures with some precip for the near future. This means more snow up high, perhaps even in the valley.
    Last edited by mike31154; 10-20-2020 at 12:38 PM.