Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Region 8

Region 8

So the official count from yesterday confirmed that there was more people hunting in Region 8 than were shopping at Wal-Mat
    That comment was from Facebook .............................
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Region 8

Personally I’ve came across far less hunters this year and I hunt a heavily hunted area from lower mainlanders.

Fresh snow in those hills.
    Bet it’s much busier this morning.
    But was very quiet where we were.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

We pulled into one area Saturday morning of thanksgiving weekend and it was like a Christmas tree of brake lights on every cutblock in the valley, turned around to go to a different area and met a truck coming in with his spotlight mounted on top of his truck actively hunting the lower cutblocks ( arrogant prick didn’t even shut off the light when we came around the corner)(and no I didn’t get pics or a plate number).
    anyways we got to another area that’s not as good for hunting but we had the place to ourselves, so let’s scout some timber after an hour I’m onto deer , ones definitely a buck but I’m out of breath from going up the side of the mountain and don’t like the quartering away uphill shot so I step to the side for a rifle rest and busted they are gone like the wind.
    back to camp we go rest-up, food more coffee and back in there for the evening , onto does but no bucks.
    back to camp we go.
    hunted the same spot all day Sunday no luck just does.
    get up 6 am Monday morning to start packing made coffee brother rolls out of his trailer as I’m looking at the hills and says we going hunting or going home ,2 seconds later I say get your gun gotta go check one more time 1/2 hr later we have a 4x3 and a 3x2 on the ground within 10 seconds of each other.
    dropped off at the butcher about 8 pm.
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

It’s been a total zoo in the hills in region 8

Haven’t seen many in the hills?
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Doesn't seem any busier than the last 3 years or so.

I am surprised at how few small game animals I've encountered though.

Just got back from region 3 and 8. Only ran into 6 other hunters. The bush was quite. Saw plenty of game but no shooter.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

Kind of off topic, but in 8-12 or 8-14 can you take 1 antlered and 1 antlerless? Or just 1 total? The refs are a bit confusing with the BL showing 1 for all the seasons except Dec Bow. I called 2 CO’s but haven’t heard back.

Agreed, it is very confusing this year. Historically it has been 1 and 1. Would love an answer also.