Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Waterproof gloves - suggestions?

Re: Waterproof gloves - suggestions?

Which Model Sealskinz gloves did you Buy ? RJ

You saved 20 bucks and you'll prolly get em quicker too. Did you get the shooting ones or hunting?

I got the hunting ones. I thought the fold back finger may get water in tramping around in the moss.

There appears to be lots and lots of different Sealskinz models of gloves/mittens. I prefer to take my glove off my shooting hand so I ended up getting the waterproof mittens for extreme cold. I also looked at the split finger model which would have been my second choice but they were pricier.

I sure would have liked to have either model on my moose hunt last week because it was cold, tons of wet snow, and windy,,,, and I want my hands as warm and dry as possible. Your hands will never be as warm with gloves compared to mittens!

Black neoprene mechanics gloves under any glove/mitten stops the damp & is great for trigger pull when you slip off the glove. Adds warmth too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesonm View Post
    I'm currently looking at the hunting gloves from Sealskinz -- anyone used these before? I'm trying to get my hands on a discount code. They're $120 with shipping. The reviews seem quite positive.

https://www.sealskinz.ca/products/wa...-hunting-glove

My wife bought me the SealSkinz Hunting gloves for my Birthday today ! They fit nice and are comfortable BUT i doubt there very Waterproof like the company says ! They will be Nice for light duty use and not to cold out weather ! I don't have big hands around a med to large so i got large and they just Fit so if in doubt buy a larger size ! Made in China BUT the quality seems ?? OK . Bought from amazon for $69.00 mailed to use . RJ

https://www.sealskinz.ca/products/wa...36597710127272

What it’s your Birthday RJ ? Well Happy Birthday and Best Wishes for the year ahead !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    My wife bought me the SealSkinz Hunting gloves for my Birthday today ! They fit nice and are comfortable BUT i doubt there very Waterproof like the company says ! They will be Nice for light duty use and not to cold out weather ! I don't have big hands around a med to large so i got large and they just Fit so if in doubt buy a larger size ! Made in China BUT the quality seems ?? OK . Bought from amazon for $69.00 mailed to use . RJ

https://www.sealskinz.ca/products/wa...36597710127272
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

I had some glacier glove decoy gloves that were great, but only lasted one season.
    Goretex isn’t waterproof, it's just water resistant, but if you don't want waterproof (rubber) gloves, I'm using simms fly-fishing gloves, they have been pretty good. They are reflective though. Way cheaper than the hunting brands.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Our 100% waterproof gloves are constructed using premium materials to make one highly waterproof and breathable glove:

• Outer Layer - 92% Polyester, 8% Elastane
    • Palm - 100% Sheepskin Leather
    • Middle Layer - 100% Polyurethane
    • Inner Layer - 50% Polyester, 50% COOLMAX®

SealSkinz glove material - RJ

I wore this out last night for my EVE Ning walk - there OK for that BUT there for very Light Duty usage - jmo RJ
    Last edited by REMINGTON JIM; 11-16-2020 at 09:08 AM.

Snow seal didn't perform well. Moving steel with wet slushy snow got them wet. Mainly in the places that flexed.
    Maybe melt snow seal and bees wax together and dip the glove it the solution.
    I don't spend big money on gloves due to the ability to wear through 4 pairs in a month. Up to 21 pair in a year. So I'll just keep trying to water proof some $12 to $20 winter gloves.
    Working on a veggie oil/bees wax/snow seal recipe. Smells interesting melting. Makes the gloves very sticky. Might do my insulated coverall knees too.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"