Not sure where to post but this seems like a good place to tell about my experience last Friday. I've seen so many negative comments about interactions in the field that I thought I would post a couple of positive ones.

It was beginning of the long weekend. I saw more cars in my 'hood than I've ever seen before. I hiked 6-8 miles (again!) but only saw road hunters.

I talked with 2 of them. Both SUPER nice! One was a coupla guys in a truck. Old man tells me something about moose. I tell him that's a bad idea right now... But, he claims his buddy is Indian so it's cool. But they were super nice and we had a little chat. Even though I disagreed that looking for a moose was acceptable - we didn't need to talk about that. We exchanged pleasantries and parted ways.

Other guys were in a SxS. I told them where I was planning to hike and they changed their plan so they wouldn't be driving around me. I offered to change my plan but they insisted it was fine as they were road hunting and I was hiking. Coupla really nice guys - father and son.

Too damn many people for me but I understand why.

For next week I've scouted out a new clearing I want to check out. Looks like 100 yards or so of bushwhacking to get to where I need to be. It's right next to some posted ranch land. But, my iHunter app shows a really nice area adjacent to the ranch so I'm going to bushwhack and check it out. When I get off the road I generally don't see anyone - which makes me happy. And, I've seen a few whitetails (and a bear!) in the area so maybe I'll see something.

I've seen a bunch of mulie does (5 at one time a week ago) whenever I get off the road. And, I saw one whitetail doe close to where I'm planning to hike in. So - maybeeeee.....