Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is up with some of the hunters out there?

Cool What is up with some of the hunters out there?

First it was a couple of guys doubling on an ATV in Beaver Creek out near Beaverdell September 10. I was supervising one of our harvesting operations brushing out a grown in road when the ATV pulled up behind me as I was slowly moving up the road in my truck. I barely got out two words and the operator of the ATV started yelling and swearing at me about not having access around. Well little did that ignorant individual know, but I was about to tell him to wait a minute and I would clear the brusher equipment for his safe passage. Upon his starting his verbal tirade, I decided to hell with him if he wants to carry on like that.

Second event was this past long weekend when my adult son was out for a ride on his dirt bike up the roads above our acreage. He encountered more than one ignorant person, but the one standing out was a man and women on the road, the man on an ATV and the women standing beside who commenced to flip off my son and start yelling and swearing at him as he rode by. This is crown land and free for all to use. We have raised our family here and use these crown lands 12 months a year. And if you have the misconception that you will be anything close to successful as a great white doe hunter on a road side around here, good luck with all the pressure the animals are completely nocturnal and stay away from the road sides when the circus starts around here.

Just to let those of you know that think you have exclusivity to the crown lands in the Boundary, there are us locals here who live here, work and make our livelihoods in the working forest here and participate in recreational opportunities here and do not appreciate the tone that some out of town hunters bring to the area.

Come and visit and appreciate this country for all it has to offer, but leave the big city attitude in the city.

Happy Trails! BBR!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: What is up with some of the hunters out there?

Well said.
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

Welcome to the site.
    I feel more like i do now than i did before i got here

First post to chastise all of us eh? Well, right back at you bud. It has been my experience that anyone who joins an online forum to rant at all the members values conflict too much to be very nice to spend time with.

Quote Originally Posted by emerson View Post
    First post to chastise all of us eh? Well, right back at you bud. It has been my experience that anyone who joins an online forum to rant at all the members values conflict too much to be very nice to spend time with.
    Actually you know what, not looking for conflict at all. In my world I can have all the conflict I want at work, and choose not too. And if I really wanted it I could have had all the conflict I wanted in my ATV encounter as I have some authority out there. Just trying to educate some of the users of our crown lands that think it is there private play ground when that couldn’t be further from the truth. You can manage it to be a positive or a negative experience out here. Up to you. It is posts like yours that have kept me from posting at all. I have read posts for years out of interest. I know that it doesn’t take much to get conflict around this site and figured that my stories would get back to unreasonable individuals portrayed as this is a great platform for conflict.

Any how. You can take it as you wish. Doesn’t matter much to me or change what we are doing here.

Happy Trails! BBR!

Weekly I meet a buffoon who has lost all common sense and in some cases needs assistance with Civility when interacting with others in the woods.

Well said and welcome lots of entitled jerks out there.

Quote Originally Posted by emerson View Post
    Where did he chastise us ALL? First post or not, he is well within his right to post his experience....

I totally agree with you. I’m a local and also hate the doe season to busy.

Doesn’t need to be the bush, lots of assholes wherever you go. Just the other day in a merge lane a guy doesn’t wait his turn even though Ive signaled to move over and has the nerve to start ragging on me for trying to cut him off. Nobody wants to wait whether it’s a bush work crew or someone trying to back into a spot, most people are out for themselves only.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.