Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What is up with some of the hunters out there?

Re: What is up with some of the hunters out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Boundary Bush Rat View Post
    First it was a couple of guys doubling on an ATV in Beaver Creek out near Beaverdell September 10. I was supervising one of our harvesting operations brushing out a grown in road when the ATV pulled up behind me as I was slowly moving up the road in my truck. I barely got out two words and the operator of the ATV started yelling and swearing at me about not having access around. Well little did that ignorant individual know, but I was about to tell him to wait a minute and I would clear the brusher equipment for his safe passage. Upon his starting his verbal tirade, I decided to hell with him if he wants to carry on like that.

Come and visit and appreciate this country for all it has to offer, but leave the big city attitude in the city.

Happy Trails! BBR!
    Come on man, Don't be to judgmental on these poor guys....they may have been in a rush to get to a Cell zone area to report in to the missus before their 24 hour recess expires...

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    Why do you keep saying I have troubles with that? didn't you read my post or did you just want to reiterate something I already said? I would venture a "Assumption" that a good 90% of us already know you cant use a motor vehicle as a rest as outlined in #20 Clause.. and the rest are too scared to ask....
    fogrady asked a direct question.
    My response was a direct answer to him.

Then you jumped in with all your assumptions . . . . "I would venture a "Assumption" that a good 90% of us already know you can't use a motor vehicle as a rest as outlined in #20 Clause . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Boundary Bush Rat View Post
    This is crown land and free for all to use.
    Included, in our taxes.

Popcorn... get me some bloody popcorn!!!
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

I usually find the attitude of locals that its their land and any hunter from another area isn't welcome there. Either way, attitude is unnecessary as hunters as there is already too much division. Whether its illegal blockades, restricting access to crown land, the lobster debacle in NS....we as hunters need to stick together and be respectful to each other. I love the Boundary country and have hunted there without issue and will do so in the future; as it is a bountiful area. Welcome to the site and best of luck in your hunting season.

Quote Originally Posted by fogrady View Post
    Quads are nice to get game out of the bush. Has anybody actually shot a critter from a quad while hunting?
    many animals. I'm not sure what I have harvested in the last 10 years combined [ moose and mule deer] but would guess that 50-60% involved a quad.
    I think that most people think that a vehicle or bike makes too much noise. But depending on the area I don't think that it's a big issue. On a tight grown in trail it is better to walk but going through a large fresh cut slash then a bike is fine as you can see farther. Quads can be comfortable to sit and glass from too.