Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What is up with some of the hunters out there?

Re: What is up with some of the hunters out there?

Quads are nice to get game out of the bush. Has anybody actually shot a critter from a quad while hunting?

yep, quite a number...well in my group,,, not just me.

Quote Originally Posted by fogrady View Post
    Quads are nice to get game out of the bush. Has anybody actually shot a critter from a quad while hunting?
    ​Read your regulations . . . . . against the law.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    ​Read your regulations . . . . . against the law.
    perfectly legal. AS LONG AS YOU ARE NOT USING THE BIKE AS A REST. but that is where this site has got out of control.
    everyone assumes the worst. People like the OP on this thread come here and post 1-4 are pure provocative bullshit, but many jump on the wagon and lead it along. Maybe Forgrady worded his post like this to fish out another bite... maybe he is just a normal dude who used a word that could be read 2 ways.... Either way, It seems it is so easy to jump on someone rather than just let it go.....

Sure Boundary Bush Rat could easily be correct, but why would you join a forum just to come dick post? did he accomplish anything to help what pissed him off? nope... just looks like a NIMBY local dick.

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    perfectly legal. AS LONG AS YOU ARE NOT USING THE BIKE AS A REST. but that is where this site has got out of control.
    2020-2022 BC Hunting & Trapping Regulations
    Page 14 . . . . 'IT'S UNLAWFUL'
    Article 20
    "To shoot wildlife from a motor vehicle or boat propelled by a motor"

Interpret at your leisure . . .

I'm not interpreting the law... I am interpreting what he said. did he mean using the quad as a rest? probably not most likely he meant using a quad... and even if he said " using a quad" someone would say " as a rest? that's illegal. " no one just assumes the guy is just riding the damned quad and hops off to kill a deer. And even when I point out like I did where the social problem is someone cherry picks a part of my post to help prove their point... even tho the very next sentence is exactly what they cherry picked.....
    ....... I didn't need a page verse as I said in the very next sentence what the law is.

point is, this whole thread sums up where hunters seem to be these days...... There was a time online when we were like it should be, we didn't just jump on a guy and assume he was breaking the law... we told stories and showed pictures..
    no no one does, because some dick will misinterpret what went on and call the guy out......

BY THE WAY ACE IM NOT CALLING YOU A DICK. I am just sad that we are where we are, and its stupid. Hell there is a good chance that Forgrady posted that the way he did to get another rise.... which is a whole nother thing...

835 . . . you're making a bunch of assumptions as to what fogrady meant by his very clear post. My intent was to make him and others aware that the act of shooting from a quad could/would get him and others into trouble with a CO.

If you have issues with that, contact a CO for the interpretation of the very clear #20 clause.

Have a great day.

Why do you keep saying I have troubles with that? didn't you read my post or did you just want to reiterate something I already said? I would venture a "Assumption" that a good 90% of us already know you cant use a motor vehicle as a rest as outlined in #20 Clause.. and the rest are too scared to ask....

I was inferring that the quad was as noisy as the trail bike and the chances of seeing game while riding it were minimal. Maybe I am wrong. I hunt mostly by walking through the bush. I have only shot one elk on the road, I was on my way to hunt sheep and I lucked into him. When I am by myself and have an elk down 1 kilometer or more from the nearest road I call a friend with a quad. I would like to see some of the road closures permit the use of quads for retrieval. I wasn't thinking of the legal angles of it. I was trying to be humorous, I guess I came across as facetious. I will be more cautious in future. I was born in 1941 so I don't know how much longer I will be able to beat the bush.

i guess i was right, i assumed the guy was a decent guy with a reason to ask and wasn't meaning shooting right off the bike