Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is up with some of the hunters out there?

Re: What is up with some of the hunters out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Boundary Bush Rat View Post
    Actually you know what, not looking for conflict at all. In my world I can have all the conflict I want at work, and choose not too. And if I really wanted it I could have had all the conflict I wanted in my ATV encounter as I have some authority out there. Just trying to educate some of the users of our crown lands that think it is there private play ground when that couldn’t be further from the truth. You can manage it to be a positive or a negative experience out here. Up to you. It is posts like yours that have kept me from posting at all. I have read posts for years out of interest. I know that it doesn’t take much to get conflict around this site and figured that my stories would get back to unreasonable individuals portrayed as this is a great platform for conflict.

Any how. You can take it as you wish. Doesn’t matter much to me or change what we are doing here.

Happy Trails! BBR!
    Maybe you are a great guy. My first interaction with you was you telling us members about a “hunter” that misbehaved, and you that did not use the full power of your position to teach them manners. Like me going to a church to chide the parishioners about all the “bad” christians I’ve met. Or a random person seeking out an LEO to blame them for the shortcomings of LEOs everywhere. Leaves a bad taste for me.

I woke up this morning to a guy driving by my camp and then he stopped, reverses back to my tent as I’m getting up to see who’s checking things out. He then tells me it’s crown land and accuses me of blocking a road with my camp even though you can easily drive around it to the spur road behind it. I’m camped in the corner of a clearing the size of a baseball diamond. Entitled prick.
    Too bad he drove into my spot haha...

Come and visit and appreciate this country for all it has to offer, but leave the big city attitude in the city.
    Did you get their address? How do you know they were from “the big city”? There are a-holes everywhere. It’s a sorry fact of life. I grew up with 100 acres south of Beaverdell, and never had issues with “citiots”, but that was over 40 years ago. I was out in Christian Valley last week, but packed up and went home before the long weekend. It’s a gong show out there for sure! It’s the first year I’ve worn blaze orange every time I go into the woods. There’s a lot of CERB hunters out this year...
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by emerson View Post
    My first interaction with you was you telling us members about a 'hunter' that misbehaved, and that you did not use the full power of your position to teach them manners.
    Leaves a bad taste for me.

The OP's post was informative.
    Perhaps you're over-sensitive and take things too personal ?

If you ever have any predator problems up there, lemme know! Would be more than happy to come help out.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post

The OP's post was informative.
    Perhaps you're over-sensitive and take things too personal ?
    Yes Emerson, I think I may have hit the nerve I was aiming at. Doesn’t much matter to me. Was just trying to help the blind to see what they cannot. Stay angry that your road was blocked, honey hole was logged, locals living out there lives...... And people seem so much more amped these days with all the hype of the current situation.

When the doe season is over and the deep snow shows up, it will be back to normal and we will have our country back for the locals to respect and enjoy. I do agree not to paint all with the same brush. I am a hunter, a snowmobiler, a logger and many more things that many will have opinions that do not align. I am not asking for agreement, I am counselling on the opportunity for understanding.

The Cidiot attitude, well....... I have enough friends on both sides of the border of City and Rural and I know a Cidiot when I see one. Believe it or not us country folks are much different than many of those that live in a Culdesac. Lucky for the ones on the ATV i was on the clock. May have gone differently on Boundary Time! But not at my choice! I am here for a reason!

Happy Trails! BBR.

Quote Originally Posted by knockturnal View Post
    If you ever have any predator problems up there, lemme know! Would be more than happy to come help out.
    Predator Problem. That is our problem. Buy your bear tags and fill them if you can. Wolves, well I am in the bush at least 5 out of every 7 days of the week for the last 30 years here and I have seen two wolves personally. May not help that I am at full speed most of the time, but still. Hunting wolves is not the solution. Let’s eradicate the moose. Theres a great idea. How about we stop letting our government make all the bad decisions and listen to the people on the ground who know. Novel Idea! I don’t need a wildlife Biology degree to figure out the problem and the solutions.

Happy Trails! BBR.

Predator Problem. That is our problem. Buy your bear tags and fill them if you can. Wolves, well I am in the bush at least 5 out of every 7 days of the week for the last 30 years here and I have seen two wolves personally. May not help that I am at full speed most of the time, but still. Hunting wolves is not the solution. Let’s eradicate the moose. Theres a great idea. How about we stop letting our government make all the bad decisions and listen to the people on the ground who know. Novel Idea! I don’t need a wildlife Biology degree to figure out the problem and the solutions.

Happy Trails! BBR.

Agree just my opinion
    Shhhhitttt I got this hold my beer

Stupidity is running rampant.
    Blacktailaholic

Yes Emerson, I think I may have hit the nerve I was aiming at. Doesn’t much matter to me. Was just trying to help the blind to see what they cannot. Stay angry that your road was blocked, honey hole was logged, locals living out there lives...... And people seem so much more amped these days with all the hype of the current situation.

When the doe season is over and the deep snow shows up, it will be back to normal and we will have our country back for the locals to respect and enjoy. I do agree not to paint all with the same brush. I am a hunter, a snowmobiler, a logger and many more things that many will have opinions that do not align. I am not asking for agreement, I am counselling on the opportunity for understanding.

The Cidiot attitude, well....... I have enough friends on both sides of the border of City and Rural and I know a Cidiot when I see one. Believe it or not us country folks are much different than many of those that live in a Culdesac. Lucky for the ones on the ATV i was on the clock. May have gone differently on Boundary Time! But not at my choice! I am here for a reason!

Happy Trails! BBR.
    You didn’t hit the nerve of misbehaving hunter. I’m not a prick hunter or trail blocker. I don’t get pushy or confrontational in the bush. I move on, keep quiet etc. I don’t litter either. You accusing of me of such and then insinuating that my defence means I’m guilty firms up my initial thoughts about your character. Thank for making that clear.