Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Episode Northern Rockies Elk Hunt

Final Episode Northern Rockies Elk Hunt

Hey Guys,

As always, I really appreciate the support and feedback I get form the forum. Here is the fourth and final episode of this year's elk hunt. I went on a solo hail mary mission for my last three days in the backcountry and was lucky enough to get within 85 yards of a legal bull mountain caribou. I hope you enjoy.

https://youtu.be/gKYL3udIJNQ

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Final Episode Northern Rockies Elk Hunt

You worked hard and extra hard to share your hunt. Thanks, i enjoy your videos and your commentary.

Nice country in there for sure...our elk was 350lbs deboned with head, what was your plan for getting it out?
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Hey young fella

if your sole measure of a successful hunt is a kill then I agree, epic fail

You’re a beast, I am impressed to no end at your efforts

Thanks for posting up

well done

(nice scenery too......)

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    Nice country in there for sure...our elk was 350lbs deboned with head, what was your plan for getting it out?

Probably the same way others do it......load it in his pack and start walking.......then go back and get another load.

nice vid
    don't think id be doing a hunting trip like that
    your a better man than i
    119 miles on foot
    that's 20 miles a day wow
    keep posting

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    Probably the same way others do it......load it in his pack and start walking.......then go back and get another load.
    Just curious...25km in one way solo. 350lb elk plus 50lbs gear at 100lbs per trip, thats 200km of walking and 100km of it with 100lbs on you re back. Thats like walking from Abbotsford to West Vancouver picking up 100lbs of meat and walking back....
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

The feeling of being in the backcountry by yourself is awesome. I love the solitude. Thanks for sharing.

BUT hunt be dammed, I want to watch someone pack an elk out solo on their back 25km one way! That would be some good TV.

I was set up to do it solo with a goat that was 1/2 that distance. I had done it with my partner the year before and the 10 km hike in that took us about 4.5 hrs was 6 coming out and we were only packing 1/2 a goat each . (Left our camp set up as we were going back in the next morning to hunt my goat)

Even if it were on clean flat ground, a 25km one way elk packout it would be impressive, certainly beyond my limitations.

I'm not saying it can't be done but that would be one monumental solo bad ass pack out. Serious respect to anyone who can do it.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 10-17-2020 at 10:05 AM.

The guy is posting some interesting videos and as usual HBC members want to pick it apart and question it. Why?

Those Northern Rivers like the Tetsa, Chiska, Tuchodi, Prophet, Beds, etc sure is beautiful country. And are great Elk habitat.
    Cool video.