Thread: Sitka warranty

Sitka warranty

I have a pair of bibs from 2016 or 17 that the stitching for one of the straps pulled out. It wasn’t stitched very well, but it happened a couple of years ago and I’ve just been using them with one strap ever since. I thought I’d try a warranty claim and they didn’t hesitate to put a new pair in the mail for me. I didn’t have to send the old ones back or pay any shipping charges.

It was a good experience that was pretty painless so I thought I’d share.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sitka warranty

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    I have a pair of bibs from 2016 or 17 that the stitching for one of the straps pulled out. It wasn’t stitched very well, but it happened a couple of years ago and I’ve just been using them with one strap ever since. I thought I’d try a warranty claim and they didn’t hesitate to put a new pair in the mail for me. I didn’t have to send the old ones back or pay any shipping charges.

It was a good experience that was pretty painless so I thought I’d share.

x2, I’ve had a few issues in the past that were handled fast with no burden to me.

Nice! I have a pair of timberline pants from around that same time period with a tear in the crotch from this fall, was thinking about contacting them but no idea if I actually still have the receipt. Just curious if they asked for a proof of purchase and if I should take a look first?
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

they did not ask me for proof of purchase, was a great warranty to deal with

I had the downpour rain set, was made with goretex pac lite I think they called it, it would wet out rather easily....they sent me the upgraded version with zero hassle, quick and painless
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Did you have to send in pics of the damaged? Sounds like amazing warranty coverage no doubt!

I have a pair of sitka rain pants and they have a couple issues as well. I should contact as well!

You have to send pics of the damage, and write the warranty # over the Sitka logo on the inside of the garment with a permanent marker

Sitka has always been great to deal with
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I did not have to provide proof of purchase. Like the others said. Pictures of the damage, write the ra number over the logo in permanent marker and they said they may ask to provide proof that I destroyed the old set, but haven’t asked for that so far.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Same here, a couple pictures and a number on the tag. They screwed up once and sent me a replacement (Stormfronts) that had duty attached. They said pay the duty andkeep them, or refuse the parcel, and regardless would send another pair (cloudbursts) duty free. Customer service, and then some!!

Best warranty ever, I just had a jet stream jacket hood tear the stitching and they sent me a new jacket in less than a week