Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: eberlstocke packs

Re: eberlstocke packs

thanks BHB. Do you have a pic of the back(shoulder straps padding mesh cooling system).

I ordered mine on the 16th and it's already here. Not bad with a weekend crammed in there. Too bad I missed the delivery today.

SSS

Daycourt, here are some more pics.

This is the back of the pack, with the main zipper starting to be undone. The zipper basically compresses the back so that the side pockets are then on the back. You can see the openings of each side pocket. The pockets go the full length of the pack. The thing on the bottom right is the bottom of the scabbard. It folds up if not needed.

This is the back with the zipper undone and the pack opened up. As you can see the back is a heavy duty mesh. You asked about not using the spike camp duffel for a trip, without the duffel you would have to purchase the back panel to zip in to make it weather proof. For the extra 15 bucks, you might as well get the spike camp duffel (25 bucks). The spike camp duffel zips into place with the zipper of the duffel on the inside (hence you cant acces stuff in it with it zipped to the pack). The new Super Spike camp duffle (40 bucks or something) has the zipper on the outside so you dont have to remove it to access stuff inside.

This is the top of the pack. The black part is the hole for the scabbard. As you can see it is not in the middle of your back but to one side. You do not even feel the gun when its in the scabbard. One thing I noticed is that when the gun is in, the barrel extends (in the piece I talked about in the first pic) below the pack so when you sit down you have to lift the gun up by about a foot. The hydration pocket is beside the scabbard with a smaller pocket below the hydration pocket.

This is the back of the pack. The frame is like most internal packs, a couple of aluminum supports and a hard sheet of plastic. The aluminum supports are the shiney things in the photo and the plastic is behind them. The plastic sheet covers the whole back. As you can see the shoulder harness is adjustable up and down. On the J104 version, this is not an option, the shoulder straps are just sewn on so you cant adjust them.

I hope this helps you out some more. Like I said in a previous post, go with the J107 instead of the J104. Also get a spike camp duffel. I would get the Super spike duffel as I said you can access stuff in it without having to remove it, like with the plain spike camp duffel. Also the Super duffel is made of the same material, it is quite soft so I used mine as a pillow of my dall hunt.

BHB

wow!! looks good i wish i could make it to a wss to see this thing.

WSS only carries the J104. The J107 has to come from the states.

BHB

thanks again BHB. I guess if I order it I will get good bang for the buck from the USA.

Okay after 6 days of intensive research and tracking down someone with a eberlestocke pack to try on and look at, I made the plunge. the 107 with the super spike duffel coming my way.

I think you're going to like it. I've been stuffing mine for the past week or two trying to figure where I'm going to put what. Then trying to remember where I put it.

Mental note: don't put the toilet paper on the bottom of the inside your pack when it's full.

If you don't mind, mention that you saw the pack on HuntingBC when you give him a call. Tell him Marc said Hi.

Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Marc , sounds like hes getting a bit of business from us , i have a x1a1 clearing customs in Vancouver at the moment.

3/4 of a degree North of 60, and a little west of 135

How's the eberlstocke for packing dead things (or pieces of dead things) out of the back country?

RC