Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: eberlstocke packs

eberlstocke packs

If anyone is interrested WSS in kamloops is stocking them.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: eberlstocke packs

I saw them a few weeks ago. They have the J104, the Gunslinger, the X-1 and the Barta Stalker. I ordered a J107 in mid July and have used it a few times and love it. In my opinion it is twice the bag of the J104. If your looking at getting one of the "JustOne" packs seriously consider spending the extra money and get the J107.

BHB

BHB how's the weight on that pack, the website seems a little heavy but its weight is sometimes a perceived thing, how do you feel is it a heavy pack or ??????

Just ordered the J107 myself. Won't be leaving any of my survival items behind again.
    I love the way it compacts down when the pack isn't full. Looks like a medium sized day pack until the volume is required.

SSS

Brambles

The pack is not that heavy, I think its listed at about 8.5 pounds. Like SSS said the pack feels and fits like a good day pack but can open up if you need to pack something out. I used mine for my 10 dall hunt and packed all my gear without any complaints by me.

When your up in November, stop by and grab it for a hunt and try it out. I was able to try one out before I bought it and thats what sold me. You also have to see one in person, I took mine over to SSS's house for him to see and the next thing you know another piece of his gear is going to be hidden from the wife

BHB

I've got the J107 and I'm just trying to figure out were to put everything. Did you have your sleeping bag in the main compartment and the rest of the stuff in the spike camp duffle? I've got the sleep pad attached to the bottom of the pack.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I've got the J107 and I'm just trying to figure out were to put everything. Did you have your sleeping bag in the main compartment and the rest of the stuff in the spike camp duffle? I've got the sleep pad attached to the bottom of the pack.
    Depends on your sleeping bag. My new bag is about 1/4-1/3 the size of my old bag. Makes a world of difference!
    No matter what pack you have there's never enough space(unless you've got a Barney!). Another purchase down the road.

SSS

i love looking at cool hunting stuff

does anybody have a link to the websites for these packs(J107,barney).

Eberlestock packs

http://www.eberlestock.com/

Marc, I had my sleeping bag, tent, 2.5lb bag of salt, 3-4 packs of dehydrated food, fuel canister, stove and pot, bag of 20 granola bars, bag of 20 instant oatmeals and probably some extra cloths in the main compartment. I also carried an extra 2 litres of water in there becuase I did not know if there would be water handy on the hike in. The duffel carried 6-7 more packs of food, rain gear, extra cloths, couple bags of jerky and I am sure some extra stuff.

Off the top of my head here is where I carried other items.

The pocket under the hydration pocket carried my digital camera. I found even with a loaded pack, I could still reach in there and get my camera without having to take the pack off. Word of caution though, the pocket is not completely sealed from the above pocket so water leaking from your hydration bag will collect in this bottom pack. And since it is basically water proof the water pools in there. This happened to me this past weekend, the lid on my hydration bag became loose and everytime I drank, I assume some water leaked out. I went to take the pack off and the bottom pocket was cold. I looked inside and there was 1 cm of water pooled in the bottom. Luckily I forgot my camera at home and the pocket was empty. On my trip up north I carried my camera in a ziplock but had no issues with water leaking down.

The two long pockets on each side carried my spotter and tripod (one on each side) and whatever else was long and narror (folding bone saw etc). Water purifying drops were also stored here and numerous other things.

Pocket on the outside of the long pocket was used to carrying my walking poles. they easliy slip in and the top side compression belt holds them securely in place.

The padded key pocket held my keys (two), GPS and head lamp.

The main compartment on the top flap held, extra ammo, binos when not needed (trekking through the trees), extra straps, and other stuff.

The pocket under the main flap pockets held garbage bags, meat bags, map, sat phone, small pad of paper and pencil. Important note: Take off the battery from the Sat phone if your carrying just the phone with no protective cover. It almost cost me

Sleeping foamy was strapped to the bottom outside.

Hope that kind of helps you out.

BHB

Steve & Bob I still beleeve you are doing it wrong THE HORSE PACKS ALL THE GEAR IN & OUT I have been able to see bhb pack and I would like to see the badlands 4500 also but I would be leaning toward the j107 if it is anything like bl 2800