Thread: How to join Associate Wildlife Preserve Group?

How to join Associate Wildlife Preserve Group?

Hi Guys, anyone know how to join the Associate Wildlife Preserve Group?

I am new to this waterfowl hunting sport (in fact, I am new to hunting in general, lol).

I went to Boundary Bay in the opening weekend (3 days) and got a Goose and a duck, and my friend got nothing. In comparison, I see Dano's group got ducks on the limit and 25 geese in just 1 day (2nd day). I know experience and skills are all factors, but hey, everyone need to start from somewhere.

By carefully observing Dano's pictures, I realized he is actually hunting in a farm field, either behind a pond for ducks, or inside lay out blinds in the fields for goose hunting.

When I was hunting in Boundary Bay, I saw a lot of other hunters. Most of them (including myself), did not hide good enough. When birds fly near, people shoot, even if it is not low enough (including me). This give me a feeling, even if I were to hide good enough, and waiting for the proper shot. However, if the people around me didn't hide good enough, and shoot when the birds lower, then the birds still will not land in my decoys. I learned how short 40 yards are in the hard way (70 shots into the sky with a painful shoulder resting now........)

When I try find farms, I realized a lot of people mention Associate Wildlife Preserve Group, they seems leased a lot of farms for hunting purpose. I am just wondering if you guys know any contact information regarding to the group so I can chat and maybe join them? I know they charges a fee, but if I can save a lot of time and actually have some actions, then it will be worth it....

My wife is OK with the money part, but she limits me to maximum 1 day a week in hunting........ For other days, I need to work, take care of the kids and cook dinner...... So I try to make the day worth it........

If I am able to take my son out (only leave my daughter to my wife), I will be allowed 2 days/week hunting.... so I tried...... I took my son (8 years old) with me on Monday, after 2-3 hours of no action, he gets bored.... So I am trying to find somewhere there maybe more action so my son can be interested in hunting..... and I can have more hunting time approved by my wife by taking my son out with me........

Life is never the same after marriage and the kids, lol...............

If anyone have information, please PM me. Thanks
    Last edited by JcNemo; 10-13-2020 at 02:34 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: How to join Associate Wildlife Preserve Group?

It's pretty tough to get in from my recent experience. I had a bit of an in through my dad (knew a current member), talked to a few people and continued to express interest via email and on the phone. No dice. I wish you good luck. You'll need it to get in.

You'll need to get on the wait list. I've been on it for over a year now. Takes on average a good two years for space to be made available to join. Costs are 800 for the first year and I believe 600 a year after that.

Not trying to be a dick here but this is the reason I stoped posting my waterfowl hunts. I would get harassed by members on this site via pm. It got so bad at one point I had people trying to find the fields I hunted. the local waterfowl seen is a small group and the best way to get info or help is by being respectful and asking the right questions. You can also donate your time with cleanups and it will help you get your foot in the door.

keep knocking on doors and it will pay off and it will feel great knowing you put in the work.

best of luck
    Last edited by Jelvis; Yesterday at 10:24 PM. Reason: ATTENTION: YOUR HONEY HOLE has been JEL ZEROED

" A boss is like a diaper, always on your ass and full of shit!"

Quote Originally Posted by nano View Post
    Not trying to be a dick here but this is the reason I stoped posting my waterfowl hunts. I would get harassed by members on this site via pm. It got so bad at one point I had people trying to find the fields I hunted. the local waterfowl seen is a small group and the best way to get info or help is by being respectful and asking the right questions. You can also donate your time with cleanups and it will help you get your foot in the door.

keep knocking on doors and it will pay off and it will feel great knowing you put in the work.

best of luck
    Are you a member?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Thank you everyone, I got the information I need. Really appreciate it.

And for what it's worth, knocking on doors and getting to know the farmers goes a long way! I've been hunting in Boundary Bay for several seasons now and I've always made a point of striking up conversation with the locals. Just the other day I asked for permission to be on a farmers land thinking all he could do was say no and to my surprise, he said yes! So there you have it.