Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honney Hole Rapped

Honney Hole Rapped

I have had a honey hole since 1976 that never let me down, we always got one or two moose out of there every year.
    For years there was no one going in there except us, then gradually as Tumbler Ridge population grew and hunters explored there were signs of people going into my honey hole. But only a small number of people as it is quite difficult to get in there.
    Well this year I was shocked to see a very large tree house about 12'x12' with a front porch, roof, door, and four walls built with tongue and grove cedar. Large enough for two to three people to sleep overnight.
    CO I ran into asked where I was hunting, when I told him he told me that there was someone that they were interested in going into that spot with "his friends" and he has never shot anything there. The CO got a number of one of his friends who lives in Chetwynd and when they phone him he always says he never got anything. The CO is highly suspicious of illegal guiding. He also warned us that we were camped where (the poacher) likes to park and that there has been vandalism to trucks parked there.
    Needless to say we were worried about what might happen when we were away from the camper.
    Hunting etiquette has gone to $HIT in a handbasket.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Honney Hole Rapped

I think you need to read between the lines. That CO was saying “we KNOW the buggers poaching, but can’t prove it. We would look the other way if some citizens took matters in their own hands...”

I’m not advocating vigilantism, but I’ve been told it occurs now and then.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

It would be nice if the CO could deputize you and you could catch him in the act....

​CO hunting it himself ?

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    ​CO hunting it himself ?
    My thought too.

Elevated? Why?

could be a trappers cabin, but who would build one elevated?[/QUOTE]

It’s a hunting blind. I’ve seen / used several in the Peace area when I hunted there. ( 15-20 years ago). And slept in a couple of them that were large enough. Most were built over a mud hole.

Well at least when you drove into it there were tree's still standing. One of my honey holes was clear cut while I was away. The little hole where the deer hung out was a landing with a burn pile site and trash rooted up all around it. Didn't see deer in there for 5 years so stopped going there.
    Snowing here in Horsefly right now.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Honestly don't think it is the CO hunting the spot. I ran into the guy two years ago when the tree stand was only a couple of logs between a couple of trees. He said there was gonna be a problem if I was hunting there...that just happened to be the one time that our hunting party consisted of 6 big guys, and there was just him and his son so nothing happened.

I remember returning to one of my honey holes or i should say camp spot only to find it clear cut. The only thing left standing was the plywood outhouse that you would never know was there but now you can see it from a mile away.
    Last edited by sames14; 10-13-2020 at 09:06 PM.

Everything is changing from access, to logging, and more people going hunting. The "Your honey hole" has gone bye bye due to google earth and or any other satelite imagery available to the tech savy hunter. There is nothing worse than going into an area that you love to hunt and find a camp there or worse a faller/buncher waiting till the start date of thier contract. The silver lining is that we can adapt and make plan B the best plan possible, and change our hunting strategies to suit the landscape or situtation. Hunting is becoming a competition to get mine first and Fu$k everyone else. Whatever happened to enjoying the outdoors with my hunting partners and seeing all the cool things out there. If you got something that was a bonus that you shared with your families. What I am finding now is that I am dismayed with what I am seeing in the forests. Peoples garbage to really bad forest practices or worse people who just don't want to get what hunting should be about. Rant over sorry about your honey hole being desicrated.