Going through Vanderhoof thought we would grab some KFC but parking lot was too full of cars that we couldn't get in with a 22 ft. trailer behind. We carried on and stopped at the large weigh station just out of town at the junction to Fort St James, thought we would cook ourselves a dinner and crash there for the night. My partner and I both had a craving for KFC so when he suggested we unhook the trailer and run back for a bucket I was all for that!

We unhooked just as it was getting dark and I headed back to Vanderhoof which was only a few miles back, my partner stayed behind to get the trailer ready for us to eat inside and bed down for the night. Shortly after I left a pickup pulled into the lot and backed up to hitch up the trailer, Jim didn't think too much about it as the truck was a maroon colour much like mine only he didn't hear the diesel sound mine makes, he gets out of the trailer to help me hook up and realizes that it is not me but some stranger about to hook up the trailer. Jim had the pipe used for tightning up the hitch bars in his hand and said to the guy " your making the biggest mistake of your life"

At which he jumped back into his truck and peeled away!!!

If Jim had not stayed behind the trailer and all our hunting stuff would have been gone.
So that is your heads up warning.