Thread: Chum broke my rod

Chum broke my rod

Check my Youtube Channel for fishing and hunting videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjN...AEGjPIUba3pn9g

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Chum broke my rod

Done that at least once, nice to see it swim away peacefully, might have been nice on the smoker too, Thanks for sharing.

A cheap rod... but a poor practice to pop a rod like that with the tension set too tight...

still fun though
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

Quote Originally Posted by RICKADY View Post
    Done that at least once, nice to see it swim away peacefully, might have been nice on the smoker too, Thanks for sharing.
    First time it's ever happened to me. Wanted to throw it on the smoker but it's non retention there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by guntech View Post
    A cheap rod... but a poor practice to pop a rod like that with the tension set too tight...

still fun though
    Abu Garcia Veritas is $100+. Not cheap to me. I've caught countless salmon on that rod, but it's a 2 piece. Given where it broke, I think it was from getting sand and mud where it connects over the years. Maybe the drag was a little tight, but twitch jigs have thick hooks and you really have to burry that hook. Given the rod broke before the leader, I think that's what happened.
    Check my Youtube Channel for fishing and hunting videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjN...AEGjPIUba3pn9g