Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: opening day

opening day

Still get pumped 50 years later good luck to all and I know I wont sleep tonight..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: opening day

3rd season here, finally starting to figure it out.

Good luck to you as well!

Sitting on the deck right now having a coffee and listening to sweet sound of shotguns going off in nearby fields and marsh.

I love it!!! Plan on heading out for the afternoon shoot. Have a safe and enjoyable season everyone!

As usual, waterfowlers can’t tell time - must be sound and silhouette shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Russell View Post
    As usual, waterfowlers can’t tell time - must be sound and silhouette shooting.

not sure what your point is. Sunrise was at 7:28 this morning, legal was 1/2 hour before that? Shooting started about 20 minutes after legal light?

Was planning to get out this afternoon/evening but work got in the way... maybe tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great season!! BANG!!!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Got a few ducks, my dog did her first retrieve and then rocked the next ones. Solid day.

Photos please when you guys get a chance!

Fell in, gave mojo swimming lessons (still worked), poked a hole my waders, broke door on punt, jammed shotgun, buggered my shoulder. Lol. My son shot his new gun, we got a few ducks and had a great afternoon in the marsh. After a rainy morning it turned in to a pretty nice day. Lots of ducks trading around in small bunches and snows going by up high but did not hear a tonne of shooting going on. Saw a few other guys enjoying the day. Hope everyone had a good one!

went out for the afternoon shoot. Perfect weather, overcast and windy. Good numbers of birds flying and decoying right in like early season birds should. Ended up with a limit of birds. New layout canoe worked perfectly. Jessie got lots of easy retrieves.

Last edited by Ron.C; 10-10-2020 at 08:24 PM.