Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Across the chest rifle slings

Re: Across the chest rifle slings

made my own using the kifaru type design. Local hardware store usually has wide webbing and all buckles. Used dental floss for the thread, as it lasts way longer and is stronger. Bought one of those magnetic quick release buckles for the chest pc. Works great and is quiet to operate, and don't really need to watch the buckle close with the magnetic option. Goes in quick after use.

If you can find one the Safari Sling is a great way to pack a rifle across your chest.

Nice thing about the Safari sling is you can also sling your rifle low across your hip instead of high across your chest. My binos sometimes get in the way of carrying across my chest.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Magpul sling with side mount push in QD sling mounts. Probably no help to a guy with a 1950's wood stock though.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Damn! I bought a Safaris Sling this summer to give it a try and totally forgot about it. I’ll have to give it a try on the next trip.

I have a universal Kifaru gun bearer. Ordered direct from Kifaru.com. Love it