Thread: Bear hide taxidermist and cost

Bear hide taxidermist and cost

Hey all. Harvested my first bear in a long time last night. Really nice color phase, almost blond. Seems like it should be a good bear to eat, no funky smells or anything and lots of blueberries around. Seems a shame to waste the hide so I'm wondering if anyone has a ballpark cost to get the hide made into a simple skin, not a full on rug. Also recommendations on a taxidermist in the lower mainland, preferably Fraser Valley as I live in Chilliwack. Thanks in advance for any info

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bear hide taxidermist and cost

The tannery I use charges based on size, anywhere from $400-600 for tanning.

This is without factoring in the costs of fleshing/turning if that hasnt been done yet.

I highly recommend bear paw taxidermy. Outta mission bc.
    majorguns

Mine cost me about 650 from wilderness taxidermy in merrit. Including flesh/turn/tan

congrats on your bear!
    forever noob

sent mine to Black Powder Tannery in Langford, fleshed and tanned for ~250, super nice to deal with. Small bear though and I didn't have the head/paws done so that would add to the cost. Believe they charge by the linear foot, so if you give them a call they'll give you a reasonable estimate.