Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Scope covers - what's best

Re: Scope covers - what's best

Ive been using the pop up butler creek covers for a long time. I’ve only lost one, but have had a couple fall off that I noticed. Get em a bit small if possible. If they’re really hard to put on, they don’t seem to fall off that easily. I also broke one of the ocular covers with the push button to open. I haven’t tried the aluminum covers yet, but I imagine they’re great. But I’m cheap, and they’re not.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    Butler creek and electric tape.
    Yep, butler creek with electrical tape. And one tab cut off on each one. On the objective end, I only have a tab on the left side of the rifle, my thumb pops it open as my hand comes up the forestock. On the...erm....other end, the tab is on the same side as the bolt knob, safety off and scope cap open is an automatic move.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

I just use the neoprene cover that came with my leupold, i use a zap strap and zap it on in the middle of the scope, works great and you won't lose it. I have tried their expensive ones from leupold, butler creek etc and have had nothing but issues

If you use a scope that makes the alum covers, ie: leupold, swaro, get those. Yes they are a bit more, but they are NICE!
    I also have used the butler creek ones, and slowly upgrading to the tenebraex covers. Go right to their web page to find the proper fitting per scope, and you can order amazon or some of the canadian dealers carry them. Way better than the butler creek covers. Even write the scope dope on the top lid of the covers for quick reference on longer shots.