Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BCWF Election Questions and the Liberals' Response

Re: BCWF Election Questions and the Liberals' Response

338win mag:

"Its a BC thing, just wondering why you think otherwise?"

Just looking out my back door. Nothing more. Canada (in various editions) has called for UNDRIP to be accepted. BC has started giving it legislative force. I think that will continue.

Really, what you're asking me is why I think that with three spades on the flop that it's likely going to be a flush that's going to
    win. I could be wrong, but I think that's what's going to happen. I also think it's going to be very challenging and problematic (diplomatic enough?)
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    338win mag:

"Its a BC thing, just wondering why you think otherwise?"

Just looking out my back door. Nothing more. Canada (in various editions) has called for UNDRIP to be accepted. BC has started giving it legislative force. I think that will continue.

Really, what you're asking me is why I think that with three spades on the flop that it's likely going to be a flush that's going to
    win. I could be wrong, but I think that's what's going to happen. I also think it's going to be very challenging and problematic (diplomatic enough?)
    Don't be so quick to fold em, its not done yet. There is alot of stuff going on, small potatoes BC is just that, small potatoes.

One shit storm will... shit can the entire thing. Personally, I don't think its going to go, but, if it doe's then get ready for some serious shit, real serious shit.

"Don't be so quick to fold em"

You could be right.

As I've mentioned to some other people, look at the Mik'maw scrap in Nova Scotia over the lobster.

There's no question they have a treaty right from some king in England from 270 some odd years ago. I understand "honour of the crown" and everything, but I think that king was some kind of German engaged in a fight with some French king as well as being worried about some uppity colonists getting even more uppity. OK, fine.

The governments of today, federally and provincially, have talked a good talk, and they've reaped the benefits at the ballot box (mom and apple pie will do that, right?) *but they haven't delivered*.

Reconciliation (which we need, simply because the conflict exists and conflicts need to be resolved, one way or another, eventually) hasn't actually been pursued in concrete ways. Ask FNs what they think of Horgan or Trudeau. Many FN people are completely unhappy with both of them.

The result?

We see non-FN fishermen burning vans and boats in Nova Scotia and the RCMP seems hesitant to step in. We've already seen the latter here in BC. How long until we see violence erupt?

That would be your shit storm that would shit can the entire thing. I'm pretty sure the shit storm will come. I think I'm more confident than you that we will see violence here, and it will be between different parts of the people rather than one group of people vs the government (as we've seen in the past in BC already).

I *hope* we don't see it, but I think we will.
    Rob Chipman

"Don't be so quick to fold em"

You could be right.

As I've mentioned to some other people, look at the Mik'maw scrap in Nova Scotia over the lobster.

There's no question they have a treaty right from some king in England from 270 some odd years ago. I understand "honour of the crown" and everything, but I think that king was some kind of German engaged in a fight with some French king as well as being worried about some uppity colonists getting even more uppity. OK, fine.

The governments of today, federally and provincially, have talked a good talk, and they've reaped the benefits at the ballot box (mom and apple pie will do that, right?) *but they haven't delivered*.

Reconciliation (which we need, simply because the conflict exists and conflicts need to be resolved, one way or another, eventually) hasn't actually been pursued in concrete ways. Ask FNs what they think of Horgan or Trudeau. Many FN people are completely unhappy with both of them.

The result?

We see non-FN fishermen burning vans and boats in Nova Scotia and the RCMP seems hesitant to step in. We've already seen the latter here in BC. How long until we see violence erupt?

That would be your shit storm that would shit can the entire thing. I'm pretty sure the shit storm will come. I think I'm more confident than you that we will see violence here, and it will be between different parts of the people rather than one group of people vs the government (as we've seen in the past in BC already).

I *hope* we don't see it, but I think we will.
    I believe you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Given their current leader is a Hunter and firearm owner, methinks that is about as close as we can expect from a politico at this point.

As opposed to those who obvious intent and desire is to give away access / ownership of all lands and all resources on them (including hunting and fishing) to one particular group. Oh, and are also covertly backing True Dummy's play on gun bans...

Hmmmmm...

Nog

Focus Nog....

The question should be posed to the Liberals.
    Get them to commit in writing.

The NDP opened the door to having Hunting and Fishing for ALL be defined as essential.

I'm concerned that "you all" in BC just are not seeing the legal value in this label.
    Don't let this big one get away.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    Focus Nog....

The NDP opened the door to having Hunting and Fishing for ALL be defined as essential.

I'm concerned that "you all" in BC just are not seeing the legal value in this label.

That is an excellent observation. Sometimes pointing out the obvious takes a really smart dude. We've been ignoring that development. Again, excellent observation.
    Rob Chipman

That is an excellent observation. Sometimes pointing out the obvious takes a really smart dude. We've been ignoring that development. Again, excellent observation.
    Yay!!!!

Glad you heard me this time Rob.

The eighth or ninth time is the charm.

Seriously, the BCWF and all the other groups should be contacting their lawyers to dig and pour the cement.

Thumbs up Re: BCWF Election Questions and the Liberals' Response

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    Focus Nog....

The question should be posed to the Liberals.
    Get them to commit in writing.

Woah! Now I see what you were / are getting at.
    Guess sometimes I live a little too close to my name on here...

Now that is something I think we should be rolling with, and will do what I can to drive the message to where it may help the most...

Cheers & Thanks!
    Nog - The Sometimes Blind...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

"the eighth or ninth time is the charm. "

"
    Guess sometimes I live a little too close to my name on here..."

K, there's two good morning chuckles at once...
    Rob Chipman