Thread: Contacting CO

Contacting CO

Hopefully this isnt a stupud question, but what is the best way to contact COs regarding regional hunting law questions? I cant find any listing for regional COs and the only number I can find listed at all is the RAPP number. Do you call that number or just email them or is another way?

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Contacting CO

Email, I contacted front counter and they are completely useless they would not answer a question they also said if I call a co they will not return my call and to email them ,they responded in two days with email.

An email with an emailed response would be the best option imho. Especially regarding a legal question.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Quote Originally Posted by r106 View Post
    An email with an emailed response would be the best option imho. Especially regarding a legal question.
    This^^^^ keep a record of it.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

If you are looking to clarify a law or regulation with regard to the Wildlife Act, the correct contact is the Ministry of Forests Lands and Natural Resources Operations. Send to the "General Inquiries" mailbox and they will forward it along to the correct Ministry of Forests contact.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/g...istry-contacts

The legislative branch of government (that makes the laws) is most appropriate for this sort of thing, rather than the enforcement branch.

As we know, some laws are unclear and it can be as difficult for CO's too. One Conservation Officer might have a different interpretation of a law over another which is completely understandable. The laws are not always perfect and a phone call or email to one might not help you in the field.

However, a written response from the Ministry can help both yourself and a CO in the field. For example, I have a copy of a letter from the ministry clarifying that bait can be used to trap crayfish in lakes that are "Bait ban" or "Artificial fly only".