Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heritage Days 2020

Heritage Days 2020

The Waterfowl Heritage Days held last weekend were a lot of fun for our participants.
    We had 2 Jr. trapshooters from our Pitt Meadows Gunclub (Matteo and Chase) as well as a member of Ridgedale Gunclub (Atticus). Atticus and Chase hunted with me saturday and we had a great time, it's a big bonus to bring along hunters who have lots of shooting experience and can handle a gun! We shot our limit of ducks and they each dropped a goose. Lots of interesting birds harvested too. Chase was on his first duck hunt and bagged his first mallard, pintail, Green Wing Teal and goose. Atticus was on his second Heritage days and bagged a mallard, goose, pintail, Green Wing Teal and a Blue Wing Teal! This is only the 3rd BWT I've seen harvested in BC in 50 years of hunting waterfowl! Pretty cool day!
    Matteo and Chase came out sunday with Chris and I. It was Matteo's 5th Heritage Days hunt and his last as he'll be 18 next year. The boys dropped a limit of mallards and 5 geese. Great shooting again by both boys, Matteo made a nice double on geese!
    All in all a great weekend, and hopefully not our last Heritage Day Youth hunt. I hear the Gov't are planning to change the format for next year but I'm not sure how it will work.
    There were more birds around than I had thought and I'm a lot more excited about this coming weekend's opener. Hope you enjoy the pictures, add some from your Heritage day if you were out!

Day 1

Last edited by Dano; 10-06-2020 at 09:54 PM.
    Buddi doing what she does best!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Heritage Days 2020

Day 2

Sounds like you had two awesome days of shooting and getting the boys out even though it sounds like they are already seasoned hunters! Kudos to you guys! The photos were great! Love seeing gun dogs with birds in their mouths and happy hunters holding up their bounty!

Btw, who owns the griff? I'd love to get out with another griff owner just to run the dogs and discuss training, etc. if you could pass my name on. The DD can come, too. lol

Those dogs belong to Chris, CRS on this site. Bubba, or as we call him "the Doof" is about 10. Arrow isn't quite 1 and on his first hunt last sunday. He did very well and shows a lot of promise.
    Matteo and his older brother Luca are more experienced hunters as they do get out with us a few times each season and the last few years it was a help as they both started driving to my place Matteo is also our club trap champion the last few years and has been BC Jr champion the last couple years too. He missed High overall in 2019 Provincial trap by 2 targets! Atticus was on his second duck hunt, but he doed handle a gun well and I have to say, every boy we've taken out has been very safe, respectful and helpful with all aspects of the hunt be it blind building, set up or take down.
    Chase has hunted big game but it was his first experience duck hunting and he's a natural wing shooter. He made some outstanding shots both days. We hope to get them all out again during the season, Atticus's dad will be coming along too.
    I'll pass on your comment to Chris.
    Cheers, Dan

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    Sounds like you had two awesome days of shooting and getting the boys out even though it sounds like they are already seasoned hunters! Kudos to you guys! The photos were great! Love seeing gun dogs with birds in their mouths and happy hunters holding up their bounty!

Btw, who owns the griff? I'd love to get out with another griff owner just to run the dogs and discuss training, etc. if you could pass my name on. The DD can come, too. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    Those dogs belong to Chris, CRS on this site. Bubba, or as we call him "the Doof" is about 10. Arrow isn't quite 1 and on his first hunt last sunday. He did very well and shows a lot of promise.
    Matteo and his older brother Luca are more experienced hunters as they do get out with us a few times each season and the last few years it was a help as they both started driving to my place Matteo is also our club trap champion the last few years and has been BC Jr champion the last couple years too. He missed High overall in 2019 Provincial trap by 2 targets! Atticus was on his second duck hunt, but he doed handle a gun well and I have to say, every boy we've taken out has been very safe, respectful and helpful with all aspects of the hunt be it blind building, set up or take down.
    Chase has hunted big game but it was his first experience duck hunting and he's a natural wing shooter. He made some outstanding shots both days. We hope to get them all out again during the season, Atticus's dad will be coming along too.
    I'll pass on your comment to Chris.
    Cheers, Dan
    Great to see the kids out there! My boys are 4 and 8 and I've already started taking them out on little adventures learning to use the duck calls and build forts in the marsh. Pretty well all the same things I did as a kid growing up in Richmond. Great work guys!

awesome Dano, great job. Some happy boys there!!!!

Looks like a "Kent Fast Steel" advertisement

Just came back from a jaunt in the dog park and ran into a lady I see frequently who has the smallest black lab (under 40 pounds) I've ever seen who showed me a couple of photos of a sibling dog out of Eromit carrying a goose back to the blind,,,,,or at least related to that dog.

I recognized the photos right away since I had only seen them a couple of days ago.

It was your dog, Dan! haha She had a photo of the boys grinning away with birds in hand, too. Small world!

Great day, great pics, thanks for sharing. Glad to see some kids out.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Those pics are also what I send in to Kent Cartridge, I'm an Ambassador for them now (nobody uses the name Pro Staff anymore!) I've used Kent for over 20 years and encouraged their use long before last spring when I became an Ambassador.
    Marc, (who started this site) once brought me over a case of Kents from Van Island when they were hard to get around here. He was in town and I think hunting with Ian F. on this site, they motored up in a boat and delivered it to my blind just before first light!!!
    Good decoys and ammo are things I've learned not to compromise on.
    I know CF (and I'm sure many others on here) shoot the cheap Win's. and have good results. I feel they are ok for closer shots but the inconsistent pellet size and shape cause poorer results at longer ranges. Cut one open and then compare to a new Kent Fasteel 2.0, the Kent pellets are perfect. Consistent quality for consistent results. (That's more of an ad Ron, but I would say it's a recommendation!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    awesome Dano, great job. Some happy boys there!!!!

Looks like a "Kent Fast Steel" advertisement

Perfect, Mr. Ambassador

I've had great results with Kent FS.