Thread: MU 3-37 mule Deer and moose

Thumbs up MU 3-37 mule Deer and moose

Hey all
    I don't usually ask for info about hunting areas because of the obvious..
    But here we go
    Me and a friend are going to do a short trip into that MU the middle of this month we have known each other since we were kids and we just went on our first hunting trip last year i was lucky enough to harvest a mule deer he got to share the experience but not to take his own Ever
    either of us have ever had the chance to harvest a moose for me not for lack of trying
    so when we talked about taking a few days off this year we wanted to try new country we kinda took a shot in the dark with the mu but we have high hopes and we were looking for any updated info that a fellow hunter would be willing to help us with
    new country and not alot of time to explore
    Any info would be greatly appreciated
    thanks

good luck hope you all get a chance to fill your tags this season

2. Site Sponsor

Re: MU 3-37 mule Deer and moose

Don't know the area but google maps is your friend, focus on the moosey habitat....

The area you seek info on has been hammered by Wolves, and access has been limited because of road de-activation. I would still give it a try, middle of Oct will be ok, end of Oct I have seen 2-3ft of snow up higher in that MU.
    It would be wise to bring along a Whitetail tag or two.
    Last edited by 338win mag; 10-03-2020 at 06:44 AM.

thanks guys like I said any help is appreciated

I’ve spent some time to the west in 3-27 usually in November hunting mule deer up quite high in the snow. We would see quite a bit of moose and sign in and around the cut blocks that had the right food in them when we were going too and from the ridge top timber. I guess what I’m saying is, go and hunt mule deer and be ready for a moose to be right up there with them....good luck with finding a spike/fork

I’m not saying you won’t find them down in the swamps I’m just saying we saw more up high than one might expect.