Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tags in the mail

Re: Tags in the mail

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Dog View Post
    A friend dawdled ordering tags and ended up having them forwarded from home to 100 Mile House for pickup. Oops.

I'm sure you can buy as many tags as you want but you can only cancel one (or whatever the provincial bag limits is). Needing to carry all tags is an interesting conundrum since some tags may be in the mail. I'm sure there's an issue date for each tag.
    I doubt there would be an issue of someone being stopped in the field with all tags minus one that was issued and sent by mail recently. I didn't worry about it at all when I went on this weekend. I hope one day they fix up laws/regulations like that (and many others) to remove the grey areas though.

Hmm. I still have not received my deer tag ordered on the 4th.

Is anyone else experiencing delays for tags ordered this month?

At some point I will have to pursue getting it reissued to make sure that I am in compliance (having all my tags even if I never received it) while hunting. Is there a way to have a tag reissued via phone + mail rather than going into ServiceBC?

Canadian Tire...tags in hand 10 minutes later.

It has never taken more than 3 business days for me. Some people have said weeks? I quess that is possible if you get your mail by dog team or the mail truck is a Chev.

Quote Originally Posted by Frango View Post
    It has never taken more than 3 business days for me. Some people have said weeks? I quess that is possible if you get your mail by dog team or the mail truck is a Chev.
    Yeah mine have always come in 2 or 3 days. I've been asking around to see if anyone else who ordered in early October is still waiting. Seems to be a few.

Quote Originally Posted by MOOSE MILK View Post
    Canadian Tire...tags in hand 10 minutes later.
    In hind sight I wish I had gone that route. Now I am kind of stuck wondering whether or not it will show up in the mail or having them cancel it so that I can just go buy one somewhere.

It will be unfortunate if I have to take a trip into ServiceBC to get it all sorted out. I guess if it doesn't show up in the mail today I will try calling to see what needs to be done.

Update on pending tag in the mail:I called FrontCounter because I ordered a tag on Oct 4 and have not received it (normally I receive them within 2-3 business days.

I was advised to wait up to 15 business days from when the tag was ordered, then I can get it replaced to free or I can go anytime and get it replaced for a $15 fee. Either way, I would need to go to ServiceBC in person.

Here's the kicker. FrontCounter confirmed that it would in fact be illegal to go hunting (even for grouse) if I have ordered a deer tag online but have yet to receive it. So, just an FYI for anyone who was curious (like me) about that.

Anyway, I was half thinking about going out hunting this weekend to look for a good buck, but I guess not if the tag doesn't show up tomorrow. In theory I could go to ServiceBC, but I am ok with giving it another week to see if it shows. Good lesson about ordering tags online though. It's probably a bad idea to order any tag online during hunting season unless you are not planning to hunt AT ALL for up to 3 weeks OR you don't mind driving to ServiceBC and paying $15.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 10-15-2020 at 02:03 PM.

I ordered my bobcat tag on September 30 (after work so say the the 1st) and it still hasn't arrived. Guess I will be going to Frontcounter on Monday as I leave for my annual trip on Wednesday. Don't understand why middle of the season makes a difference. It is an automated printer. Especially if I can just go to Frontcounter and get a new one immediately. The only hold ip should be the mail.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

What why even grouse? Weird
    Member of CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingtyler123 View Post
    What why even grouse? Weird
    Yeah it's just because the Reg's say that you must be in possession of all issued tags if you are hunting. There is are no exceptions for what you might be hunting for.

It seems like a pretty dumb scenario. It is similar to PAL renewal. The moment your new PAL is issued, your old one is invalid even if it has not expired and it takes them weeks or months to print and send the new one, so you are technically in violation having firearms and not being able to produce a valid PAL in the mean time.

Our firearms laws and a lot of hunting laws are so poorly thought out and there is no effort to fix them. It puts us in all sorts of awkward situations. We deserve better.

Anyway, this one can be resolved fairly easily be a visit to Service BC and paying some extra money. Inconvenient, but at least there is a solution in this case, unlike the PAL renewal quagmire.