Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tags in the mail

Re: Tags in the mail

I ordered my Bobcat tag October 1st. Arrived today. Exactly 15 working days. I don't leave for my trip til Saturday so I will have all my tags and no trip to Front counter. But seems like a mess.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

I received mine in the mail yesterday (ordered October 4th)

Dead air from the ministry with regard to the important question:

"Is a hunter required to cease and desist all hunting from all species from the moment any tag is ordered online until they receive it and if so, can that be made clear on the website where hunters order tags?"

Front Counter is adement that it is illegal to even hunt grouse if you have ordered a deer tag online but have yet to receive it.

I don't think the ministry wants to clarify this either way. I believe the Front Counter response is a reflection of the how the ministry would like the law / regulation to be interpreted and perhaps enforced, so that is a bit chilling. We deserve better.

I did have a chance to chat with a couple lawyers about it for (for "entertainment" and good conversation) It will make an interesting case if someone gets hit with a charge / fine and decides to challenge it.

Lesson is never order a tag online in season, even if it is October and it's a cougar tag for a hunt in February, unless you are fine with not hunting at all (grouse, deer, etc) or you want to potentially be part of the process where it finally gets clarified in court. I believe that is the only way this issue will get clarified other than perhaps a new government.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 10-21-2020 at 08:33 PM.

Tags take 2 weeks to be processed and delivered, yet, I can order something from Amazon and it comes from Ontario in 3 days.
    It is just one more example of an inept government entity.

My whitetail tag arrived yesterday, the day before I left for my hunt. I was prepared to pick up another one at front counter if necessary, though thankfully didn't have to. It took 9 days to get to me from ordering to delivery, including a long weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ab3 View Post
    My whitetail tag arrived yesterday, the day before I left for my hunt. I was prepared to pick up another one at front counter if necessary, though thankfully didn't have to. It took 9 days to get to me from ordering to delivery, including a long weekend.
    I hope you didn't hunt at all over the long weekend (even for grouse) or you are a law breaker according to the current regime.

I for one was just driving dirt roads the long weekend before Front Counter told me that was illegal to even hunt grouse with a deer tag pending in the mail... even if I might have posted about grouse hunting that weekend.. sometimes I post fictitious grouse hunting stories online for attention... was just driving around

Looking forward to your WT hunt story! Have a great trip!!
    Last edited by caddisguy; 10-21-2020 at 08:52 PM.