Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tags in the mail

Re: Tags in the mail

Fingers crossed
    thanks for all the replies

I ordered a deer tag online and it was in my mailbox four days later!

Can’t cancel a tag to go then buy one in person. Once it’s issued it’s issued. I’m sure you’ll get it by then
    Member of CCFR

You should have them very soon Danny. Mine came in like 5 days. I bet yours arrive Monday or Tuesday.

I just went the corner store. Bought milk, gas, and tags and license. Once this place stops selling tags I’ll have to go online. I kind of dread it, it’s the only place left in the valley that does it.

Well the mail man just walked by with no tags for me so it looks like i'm heading to the store to get a second set of tags less a moose tag obviously
    Live and learn
    Next time i'll buy them in person
    Dan

I am kind of in the same boat as others but not really. Normally I get them within 2 or 3 days of ordering.... like if I order on the Sunday I get them back Tuesday or Wednesday.

After calling around a bit last weekend, it seems between us, my brother and mother that we have enough combined freezer space for a deer. I figured I would order another deer tag.

I have yet to check the mail today, but I never seem to get mail on Fridays... so who knows.

Funny enough, caddisgirl went to buy her hunting license because she wants to shoot some birds. It would not let her buy a license online. Then looking a bit closer, we saw she already had a license AND a deer tag LOL. Neither of us remember buying it back in the Spring. Then she looked around a bit and found her tag... so at least one of us has a deer tag for sure. Not really looking for a deer, but if we are looking around for birds and see a deer and she wants to take a poke at it, that's an option

I might have one in the mail today, who knows.

It brought a question to mind though. It says online the tag has been issued and that it is the law for to carry all tags (cancelled or not cancelled) I wonder if a CO would question the missing tag. My assumption is they probably give some grace period for tags that have been issued but are stuck in the mail. Just one of those legal scenarios I don't think anyone thought up while drafting the legislation.

Edit: yep, no tag in the mail, so something is a bit slower than normal... either tag order backlog or just Canada Post. Not really set on taking another deer anyway. caddisgirl has a tag and can do whatever she feels like. I'm honestly just hoping to drive around and shoot birds
    Last edited by caddisguy; 10-09-2020 at 07:13 PM.

A friend dawdled ordering tags and ended up having them forwarded from home to 100 Mile House for pickup. Oops.

I'm sure you can buy as many tags as you want but you can only cancel one (or whatever the provincial bag limits is). Needing to carry all tags is an interesting conundrum since some tags may be in the mail. I'm sure there's an issue date for each tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Well the mail man just walked by with no tags for me so it looks like i'm heading to the store to get a second set of tags less a moose tag obviously
    Live and learn
    Dan
    That, or buy them online a little earlier. The online system works quite well, but you do have to plan ahead a bit. Mine showed up in 3 business days.
    Good luck on your hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Live and learn
    Dan
    You can go to Service BC and declare the tags in the mail as lost and get replacement tags