Hi BC Hunters,

As of last night the woods near Surrey Lake filled with guys looking to roll the dice and hope a forky walks out in front of them( I did not see these guys in Sept so I will assume they are not targeting mature bucks).

This is great to see guys getting out and hunting and a few guys should go home with some meat as I have been seeing good deer numbers.

This brings me to the point of this post, I have a question about etiquette and unfortunately a gripe.

Question:

Forgive me for not knowing this, I am from New Zealand and where I grew up, hunting was quite different.

When a guy is truck or atv hunting, it seems guys travel very slowly to increase their chance of seeing game, which makes perfect sense to me. For me, I use the FSR for a variety of things. 1. I live on it 2. I use it to access the areas where I get out of the truck and hike in. Having to follow a guy at 10 kph for long periods can be frustrating.

When a vehicle comes up behind a truck hunter, is it expected that the guy would let the quicker vehicle through?

Gripe:

Beer cans started showing up on the road today. ( I didn't see one during 4 pt season).

I'd say this is universal world wide, if you throw a can out the window into the wilderness, you are a POS and they should issue tags for you.