Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any buck from the truck.

Any buck from the truck.

Hi BC Hunters,

As of last night the woods near Surrey Lake filled with guys looking to roll the dice and hope a forky walks out in front of them( I did not see these guys in Sept so I will assume they are not targeting mature bucks).

This is great to see guys getting out and hunting and a few guys should go home with some meat as I have been seeing good deer numbers.

This brings me to the point of this post, I have a question about etiquette and unfortunately a gripe.

Question:

Forgive me for not knowing this, I am from New Zealand and where I grew up, hunting was quite different.

When a guy is truck or atv hunting, it seems guys travel very slowly to increase their chance of seeing game, which makes perfect sense to me. For me, I use the FSR for a variety of things. 1. I live on it 2. I use it to access the areas where I get out of the truck and hike in. Having to follow a guy at 10 kph for long periods can be frustrating.

When a vehicle comes up behind a truck hunter, is it expected that the guy would let the quicker vehicle through?

Gripe:

Beer cans started showing up on the road today. ( I didn't see one during 4 pt season).

I'd say this is universal world wide, if you throw a can out the window into the wilderness, you are a POS and they should issue tags for you.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Any buck from the truck.

Have this happen often, people get in a Congo line and not everyone is a road hunter. Pull over and let people pass or enjoy the horn

The number of beer cans, coolers etc. & not pop cans one can pick up after a busy weekend is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    Have this happen often, people get in a Congo line and not everyone is a road hunter. Pull over and let people pass or enjoy the horn
    Most will pull over but some don't. just go around those guys. I know I do !
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

I got stuck behind some knob few years ago. Wouldn’t let me pass and added at least a half hour to my day cause I was working! Not everyone is out to shoot your road buck!

The only time i'm giving a road hunter the right of way is if we're in the absolute last block on that road.

I pass almost every vehicle I catch up to.

I don't pass the ones with red&blue lights on/in them.

Next time just stop behind him ,jump out of the truck and safely shoot your gun and jump around like you shot a big one. People like that tend to think the road is all theirs.

Maybe it’s just me, but if I come up behind a guy that got up earlier than me to get in that spot I generally turn around and go elsewhere and would hope others show the same courtesy to me

It's not just hunters though they can be as bad or worse, but city folk just out for a drive and hikers etc all do the same thing. Piss along at a crawl because they either aren't used to driving dirt roads or it's too bumpy... I've had some even block me from passing and I've got an hour + drive into my property or where I want to hike/hunt.