Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any buck from the truck.

Re: Any buck from the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillerbillyvan View Post
    Maybe it’s just me, but if I come up behind a guy that got up earlier than me to get in that spot I generally turn around and go elsewhere and would hope others show the same courtesy to me
    Yes, it's one thing if you're actually wanting to road hunt the same spot as the guy then first come first serve. The issue is there are 100 other reasons to be in the bush and road hunters aren't king of the hill... People have actual jobs in the bush, people live in the bush, people actually get out of their trucks and hike. I have property 60km up a FSR, I don't want to be doddling along 10k/h behind some jackass that won't let me pass to get home or to my property, I don't have 6 extra hours to kill in a day. I'm sure loggers and ranchers etc feel the same. Even if I am hunting, if I'm wanting to get into a spot to start hiking for first light or want to road hunt a spot way back from the main FSRs, I don't want to be stuck behind anyone limping along, I'm not there to steal their spot, I just want to get to where I'm going.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillerbillyvan View Post
    Maybe it’s just me, but if I come up behind a guy that got up earlier than me to get in that spot I generally turn around and go elsewhere and would hope others show the same courtesy to me
    What spot? The mainline fsr? Sorry, it’s a road, not some secret hunting spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    Ya, Im with you. I have nothing against road hunting, its a very effective way to see lots of Van Isle bears in some spots. I have no problem conceding to a guy creeping down a short spur. Creeping down older roads and spurs is great but if its your chosen method to hunt, better expect to to encounter other vehicles just trying to go from point A to B if the roads and spurs are lengthy. Hogging a mainline or larger off shoot into a big area, well you are going to get the horn pretty quick.

I do think road hunting is the primary hunting method for allot of folks. But some of us are just trying to get somewhere and actually get out of our vehicles or off the ATV's at the end of spur lines and enter the bush to hunt.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 10-02-2020 at 10:06 AM.

for the most part I drive along at a crawl..... but I pull over to let past or speed up to a safe passing spot if where I am isn't.... but when I am going in on my morning hunt in the dark I rarely have the problem, as I am usually flying down the road. bottom line is road dum bucks can step out at any time. let the guy by.

when people don't let me by I fly by them under full wheel spin. I have 700Ftlbs at my dispense, and my truck is so scratched you wont see a new few, the windshield is already cracked and I have a 12,000lb Warn.... Remember when you are holding someone back that there is a chance he is driving a bush truck and not a brand new shiny truck. with a 6" and 35"s I can even roll through a bit of ditch....... so be nice, its easy

last year coming out of Caycuse I was loping taking the slow ride out of the bush. It was a huge long wet hike we were on and I didn't want to be home yet. A guy in a wood truck came up behind me. I'm always looking in the rear view ,its save a few highway crashes doing it, its habit. so I pulled right over and the guy drove by. Seems like he had a hard day splitting wood and was quite concerned with a beer at home, he was on the fast run home! About 15km further we saw him on the side of the road, he had some bad luck and broke down. It was pissing rain.. We pulled over, he was quite upset worried about the wood and his gear. We told him we would give him a ride out. He said " but I got 3 guns!" I laughed.... " we got 2, so what?" He threw his saw's and guns in the truck and we gave him a ride. Right to his house in Victoria.

Moral is, Don't be a dick. You might need help down the road...... And never leave a man behind in the bush...... The guy was super nice, his accident was totally not his fault he just had some bad luck.

I always let people pass and expect the same. Here is the truth thou .. alot people are back road warriors (sounds like some of you). Save a few minutes but beat the equipment doing so ... I run equipment and build 4x4 trucks ... Your mind set should be "how can I not tear my truck up" not "lets pound this wash boarded road".

Driving like you own the road and are a rally racer is as equally dickish as going excessively slow. Slow down when you pass ... nobody likes choking on your dust. That fires me up more than anything .. pulled over on the side and somebody blows the doors of ya going by.

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    100%!! And how many guys are just going to work? Move over, let speedy folks by, the animals don’t care

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    for the most part I drive along at a crawl..... but I pull over to let past or speed up to a safe passing spot if where I am isn't.... but when I am going in on my morning hunt in the dark I rarely have the problem, as I am usually flying down the road. bottom line is road dum bucks can step out at any time. let the guy by.

when people don't let me by I fly by them under full wheel spin. I have 700Ftlbs at my dispense, and my truck is so scratched you wont see a new few, the windshield is already cracked and I have a 12,000lb Warn.... Remember when you are holding someone back that there is a chance he is driving a bush truck and not a brand new shiny truck. with a 6" and 35"s I can even roll through a bit of ditch....... so be nice, its easy
    I’ve seen your truck, you’re high and wide enough to drive over another truck without touching them

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter gatherer View Post
    Next time just stop behind him ,jump out of the truck and safely shoot your gun and jump around like you shot a big one. People like that tend to think the road is all theirs.
    Now that's funny !!! I like that idea alot.
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

If he is blocking you from passing he is interfering with a legal hunt...take a picture of the azzholes plate and report it to a CO....