Thread: Late October Hunt 4/22 area

Late October Hunt 4/22 area

Hi All,

Had a last minute bit of time off work and am planning to head to the interior for a week to hunt at the end of October. I will be on my own and plan to hike in to an area and hunt for 3-5 days, hopefully with lots of glassing opportunities. I have been looking at the 4/22 area on google earth and it looks like the terrain fits the bill but wondered what the opportunities were like for finding animals in that area and also what to expect in terms of weather?

Thanks in advance for your input

Dave

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Late October Hunt 4/22 area

One of my favourite EK MU areas to hunt. Depending what your hunting and what elevation you'll be focusing on I would prepare for anything that time of year in terms of weather. Some of the locals will be able to tell you more but I've been there anywhere from Thanksgiving into November, it can be cool/rainy to snowy/cold. Had the odd nice warm day down in the valleys at that time of year as well.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Thanks for the reply, sounds like what I am planning for, are there plently of places to stock up on water and pitch a tent out of the way around that area?
    Thanks

I alway had a place to stay so not sure of the camping situation. I know theres a nice campground I used to pass all the time, in Fort Steele I think.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo