Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cabela’s Pack Frame

Cabela’s Pack Frame

Do any of you guys use a Cabelas pack frame for hauling meat out ? I saw online they had a Alaskan
    Outfitter model that looked heavy duty but it says no longer available .
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cabela’s Pack Frame

I've used the same Alaskan pack frame for nearly 10 years. Been on 4 backpack goat hunts, griz hunt, elk hunts, deer hunts and black bear hunts. Packed out all of the previous game except the griz.

Packed out my 3rd elk with it a couple weeks back.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 09-30-2020 at 07:18 PM.

Packed out a moose with the Alaskan outfitter model last year, worked well and the hip belt and shoulder straps are good. As far as longevity, I don’t know as this was one animal. I’ve probably had the pack for 6 or 7 years prior, just never used it prior.

recommend ratchet straps to tighten your load down so it’s not flopping around

Well two good reviews but I wonder what Cabelas has as the replacement need to look into that as mentioned the Alaskan
    Outfitter is no longer available
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

I've got just the older outfitter frame and for this weekend coming up picked up the newer Alaskan with the bag as well. Heading up to Kamloops to see if we can bag a mulie. Will let you know how the two models do hauling meat if we get lucky.

Feels like either is going to be a pain with having the rifle sling slide off my shoulder though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger.270 View Post

Feels like either is going to be a pain with having the rifle sling slide off my shoulder though.
    I remover the to cross bar (mine is pinned) and sling my rifle over the frame and my arm can still pass through the sling. Works great.

Arctic Lake,

I know 1 guy that uses the newer Cabelas Frame pack
    His only complaint is that it is "sqeaky" compared to the Alaskan but he has packed out a couple blacktail and 1 bear with it.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 10-01-2020 at 09:15 AM.

Pack frame is on sale right now. Got an email this morning with the new flyer.
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Just tried my new Alaskan out yesterday. My biggest complaint is it's a bit on the squeaky side but it seems built pretty well for a $140 pack. The frame isn't adjustable but mine fits me well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    I remover the to cross bar (mine is pinned) and sling my rifle over the frame and my arm can still pass through the sling. Works great.

Arctic Lake,

I know 1 guy that uses the newer Cabelas Frame pack
    His only complaint is that it is "sqeaky" compared to the Alaskan but he has packed out a couple blacktail and 1 bear with it.
    Good idea, thanks Ron C.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Do any of you guys use a Cabelas pack frame for hauling meat out ? I saw online they had a Alaskan
    Outfitter model that looked heavy duty but it says no longer available .
    Arctic Lake
    I bought the Cabelas outfitter packframe and had poor durability with it. I replaced it with a Tatonka Lastenkraxe, these are available at the Vernon Home Hardware and probably elsewhere. I've had mine for over 10 years now and it has packed a lot of weight out, good pack very comfortable.

https://www.tatonka.com/en/product/lastenkraxe/