Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Carrying 2 into the Field / Bush

Re: Carrying 2 into the Field / Bush

I’ve been looking for a front carry retractable strap for a small shotgun for predator protection while bow hunting for a while. The single point military style isn’t quite it, Side scabbard a bit too cumbersome. As stated the need for immediate use is often the case with bears etc. I have pack carry options but having it ready is necessary.

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Quote Originally Posted by emerson View Post
    I’ve carried 2, it sucks. A combo gun would be good, a drilling perfect.
    Tradex Guns has some Combination Guns including Drillings at interesting prices !

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Is that the 24V? From what I read you can put a scope on there, sight it in for the 30-30 and it should be on point for taking grouse and bunnies with the 20ga?
    I’m not sure if it’s the V designation. I’ll have to check into it, if I could scrounge up some bases a red dot or low power scope it might work for me. I do enjoy carrying it. Especially during the early season, I haven’t shot any big game with it yet, but hopefully one day.

Trying man... LOL

Seems center fire / shotty over-under hoarding is real.

That said, it probably best answers the main question in this thread. Even the masses who went on panic gun buying sprees (most of whom have never hunted or carried a firearm in the bush) agree that carrying more than one long gun is a bad deal and having a center fire rifle / shotty in the same stock on the same shoulder strap is the best way to go about it.

Okay you over under hoarders... nobody is bugging out... give one up. 30-30 / 20ga would be ideal but I can work with a 243 / 410. I have some lysol wipes if that sweetens the deal. I'm going to go rock myself back and forth fantasizing of acquiring such a gadget until I fall asleep and tomorrow is another day with new possibilities.
    im trying to remember the name of the place, but there’s an outfit that brings in used rifles from Europe. They normally have some over unders in stock, goofy calibers sometime, somewhat rough shape, but cheap and they sell ammo also.
    Trade Ex maybe, I can’t remember

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown View Post
    Tradex Guns has some Combination Guns including Drillings at interesting prices !
    Beat me too it. Interesting is a good word for it

Never had and never would. The only way I will pack the extra weight is if we could carry a pistol while bow hunting. Other than that the weight penalty isn't worth it. Not to mention if I'm hiking in somewhere for big game grouse is the last thing on my mind. But that's just me.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

I'm drooling! At the deer and the gun.

What is the make and model? Savage 24?

I want one like that so bad it hurts !
    Yes, 24V with its first deer kill for us. Pretty versatile considering one can use bird shot, and slugs, better yet if legal-size buckshot was available somewhere
    Not sure if the common #4 buck would suffice
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

What about one of these cartridge adapters. It allows you to shoot a 32 acp out of your 303, you can get them for other chamberings...works good for close range. When you see a grouse or other shooter simply slip this into your chamber.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/303-British...-/283985548125

Before I moved back to Canada, I carried a High Standard .22 pistol for grouse. Worked great. I am, of course, not allowed to do that here. I have carried a minimum length 22 rifle on long backpacking trips, in addition to my big game rifle, but don't bother for short hunts. GD

Early season i might have a 22 in the truck for the occasional ditch chicken but normally if im deer hunting i only have my rifle and im not near the truck and have no interest in packing 2.

A combo gun would be very cool, one day i will get one
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................