Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Carrying 2 into the Field / Bush

Re: Carrying 2 into the Field / Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
    Brno 7X57R over 12 gauge.
    For me?! You shouldn't have! Do you have any extra boxes of 7X57R kicking around for me as well?

That seems like an excellent gun. There is no game animal in North America big or small perhaps other than Bison (at least that I can think of) that one firearm would not be suitable for within scatter gun / iron sight range.

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    I carry a little badger 22 with subsonics. I enjoy hunt even more now. Always come back with something good to eat. Plus they are super light.
    I also like to badger a grouse or two here and there. That's a cheap NC star red dot, and it works great.
    Last edited by Squamch; 09-30-2020 at 10:14 AM.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Have an acquaintance here in town that owns a couple
    of the Drilling Blasers. D99 and BD14 if I recall correctly... topped off with Zeiss
    scopes those iron's are what dreams are made off.
    The engravings were just ridiculous!

Guy also has the Grand Slam so he got around to using them.
    For now I carry the rifle and my brother has the 12 gauge with a variety of birdshot and slugs.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Trying man... LOL

Seems center fire / shotty over-under hoarding is real.

That said, it probably best answers the main question in this thread. Even the masses who went on panic gun buying sprees (most of whom have never hunted or carried a firearm in the bush) agree that carrying more than one long gun is a bad deal and having a center fire rifle / shotty in the same stock on the same shoulder strap is the best way to go about it.

Okay you over under hoarders... nobody is bugging out... give one up. 30-30 / 20ga would be ideal but I can work with a 243 / 410. I have some lysol wipes if that sweetens the deal. I'm going to go rock myself back and forth fantasizing of acquiring such a gadget until I fall asleep and tomorrow is another day with new possibilities.
    Like this ? 30-30/20, with spire point Sierras light .308-like loads
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Like this ? 30-30/20, with spire point Sierras light .308-like loads

I'm drooling! At the deer and the gun.

What is the make and model? Savage 24?

I want one like that so bad it hurts !

I carry a little badger with subsonics, over my shoulder or in my pack. A little awkward but it works.
    Also have a side by side 30/30, 12ga that works as a walking gun if I'm not going too far from the truck.

When moose hunting, if walking through bush, especially if by myself, I'll have a 12 gauge defender in addition to my rifle. Rifle on back, 12 gauge in hand.

I’ll go for O/U as well. I have a cz584 12ga/30-06. They’re hard to get by though, but I’ve seen from time to time savage 24s, 30-30/.410 if I recall correctly.

Alls I hear is people going ultra light!should be able to carry a hand gun!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Alls I hear is people going ultra light! Should be able to carry a hand gun!
    There was a prospector or geologist up in the Cassiar Mountains a few years ago that was attacked by a grizzly. What saved his bacon was the 44 magnum that he was permitted to carry.
    With the way things are going, essentially lack of law and order and the hue and cry to defund the police, it may become prudent for the government to allow open carry permits whether in the 'burghs or afield. The only part of the populace that are packing sidearms, besides police, are those that have never been vetted by the government.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"