Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Long hunting journey finally lead to my first big game

Re: Long hunting journey finally lead to my first big game

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_29 View Post
    Sure, but to leave your winger out to dry is gutless.

To put your hunting partner in a position where he has to break the law to cover your ass is pretty shitty. Stuff like this can easily compound into multiple people with multiple charges and loss of hunting privileges. I totally understand why someone would not want to be a part of something like this.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpish View Post
    Aren’t you the guy who was complaining about driving a mere 6 hours and not hearing elk bugles within 2 hours of arriving at your camp? And you were bitching about “eating a tag?” You sound pretty entitled and out to lunch man.
    And that right there is the problem with a lot of you guys. Go read that post again. I didn't just get to camp, I was there for 2 days already. If you people would improve your reading comprehension instead of coming here with the agenda of lecturing another hunter for a mistake he already learned from, there would be less arguments.

Like really what the hell is wrong with you people? Can't you just be happy that a guy got something after screwing up majorly the year prior? You gotta sit there and hand out unwanted lectures with your holy than thou attitudes about past mistakes that I won't soon be repeating? Really what do you get out of that. You going to go stroke your ego after this? "Good job Sharpish you were able to take away a happy moment from someone. I know he's reformed but you need to belittle him for his past screw up for no constructive reason whatsoever".

Go read the definition of entitled. Asking for help and dreading going home empty handed isn't entitlement. At no point did I ever say I deserved meat. At no point did I ever say that the guy who didn't punch his tag owed me anything. Don't use words you don't understand the meaning to.

You want to know what entitlement is? Entitlement is a bunch of guys from the island coming up here and taking multiple animals because they want to fill their tag more than they want to feed their freezer. Entitlement are people from the highest COVID 19 population cities, Vancouver, coming up here to hunt, risking our small communities' health, just because they are bored in their cities.

Quote Originally Posted by tyreguy View Post
    I seem to recall that Manitoba has a group type harvest allowance where this would be legal but in BC - not legal.
    Yes you can "party hunt" on another's tag in MB once you have cut your own. It may be different for some of the draws for elk or a few areas that I believe may have a moose draw but the bulk of the province is GOS for moose.

• Search Thread

• Rate This Thread

• Display

• 09-24-2020, 05:32 AM
      bruce44

Join DateFeb 2015Posts137

2020 elk bugle report

I can’t seem to find the old thread so I started this one. Anyone still hearing elk bugle at night? Sitting here by halfway reserve totally quiet since I got here at 3am. Anyone got some tips for this area? Please PM me. I know I sound desperate but I don’t really want to eat a tag after 6 hours of driving from Prince George.

• DoThread Tools
    • Search Thread
    • Rate This Thread
    • Display

• 09-24-2020, 05:32 AM
      bruce44

Join DateFeb 2015Posts137

2020 elk bugle report

I can’t seem to find the old thread so I started this one. Anyone still hearing elk bugle at night? Sitting here by halfway reserve totally quiet since I got here at 3am. Anyone got some tips for this area? Please PM me. I know I sound desperate but I don’t really want to eat a tag after 6 hours of driving from Prince George.

Does it say I just got to camp? It says I just got to the halfway reserve. Again put your half baked assumptions aside and quit trying to hijack this thread by turning it into something it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce44 View Post
    And that right there is the problem with a lot of you guys. Go read that post again. I didn't just get to camp, I was there for 2 days already. If you people would improve your reading comprehension instead of coming here with the agenda of lecturing another hunter for a mistake he already learned from, there would be less arguments.

Like really what the hell is wrong with you people? Can't you just be happy that a guy got something after screwing up majorly the year prior? You gotta sit there and hand out unwanted lectures with your holy than thou attitudes about past mistakes that I won't soon be repeating? Really what do you get out of that. You going to go stroke your ego after this? "Good job Sharpish you were able to take away a happy moment from someone. I know he's reformed but you need to belittle him for his past screw up for no constructive reason whatsoever".

Go read the definition of entitled. Asking for help and dreading going home empty handed isn't entitlement. At no point did I ever say I deserved meat. At no point did I ever say that the guy who didn't punch his tag owed me anything. Don't use words you don't understand the meaning to.

You want to know what entitlement is? Entitlement is a bunch of guys from the island coming up here and taking multiple animals because they want to fill their tag more than they want to feed their freezer. Entitlement are people from the highest COVID 19 population cities, Vancouver, coming up here to hunt, risking our small communities' health, just because they are bored in their cities.
    Bruce, good on you for being straight-up in owning up, learning from it and then being
    an integral part of a successful hunt.

Personally, shit happens... and yes, the story can be viewed from two sides.
    Not in anyway condoning the previous event but I just want to congratulate you on a successful hunt!
    Tearing everyone a new asshole is just going to stink the place up guys

You’re an idiot, there is nothing in there at all about being there two days. You posted at 5:37am that you’ve been there since 3am. That’s it.

Enjoy your moose, maybe YOU’LL get YOUR first NON Poached animal next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    To put your hunting partner in a position where he has to break the law to cover your ass is pretty shitty. Stuff like this can easily compound into multiple people with multiple charges and loss of hunting privileges. I totally understand why someone would not want to be a part of something like this.
    Yup you are correct. That's why I didn't hold that against him. The reason I stopped hunting with him was because he wasn't serious about hunting. He just wanted to camp and canoe around. He refused to learn any moose calls and always had to cook breakfast BEFORE we went out hunting. By the time we left camp to the hunting grounds, the sun has already been up for an hour.

You’re an idiot, there is nothing in there at all about being there two days. You posted at 5:37am that you’ve been there since 3am. That’s it.

Enjoy your moose, maybe YOU’LL get YOUR first NON Poached animal next year.
    There is also nowhere in there that says I just arrived to camp. Improve your reading comprehension and maybe you'll come off less uneducated. Go stroke your ego some more. "mm yes I belittled a guy's success for no reason whatsoever. I'm such an amazing person. mmm yea", clown.

Like i said, take a break from posting as all you're doing is digging yourself deeper.
    The issue many refer to is not the fact that your hunting buddies in camp would not tag the moose you shot, it is because it wasn't legal - the whole process wasn't legal. Even if your buddy DID tag it the process is illegal. Your outlook was your buddy was a dick for not tagging it and the moose went rotten - and some thought to support that but in the end it wasn't legal. You had a handshake deal that went south - that you keep to yourself and the CO, its not interesting reading.
    Its done and you owned up to it, but when hunting is looked at by the public as being unnecessary and treated like hunters disobey the law and shoot everything it doesn't help the cause much when a guy comes onto a website and brags about his first moose kill as being the one he shot illegally and his buddy wouldn't tag it and then top it off that the moose went rotten. The hunting community does not condone that activity and that is where the backlash is coming from.
    Think before you speak and some details maybe are not necessary for everyone to know, its not my ego its just what you said.
    Has nothing to do with Covid or Vancouver so please don't deflect like its someone else fault.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce44 View Post

Last edited by tyreguy; 09-29-2020 at 03:29 PM.