Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long hunting journey finally lead to my first big game

Re: Long hunting journey finally lead to my first big game

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpish View Post
    Hopefully you will get your first one next year!
    By that logic, I've already shot a moose last year. If the shot is all that matters and meat doesn't count, then yeah I was successful last year as well.

Anyone who wouldn't punch their tag. Let buddy report himself, and waste the meat is a dirtbag. Good riddance to that group.

Congrats on the bull and better friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_29 View Post
    Anyone who wouldn't punch their tag. Let buddy report himself, and waste the meat is a dirtbag. Good riddance to that group.

This ^ I can't believe they did that to you. You should never hunt with that group again. I am not a fan of playing that game with draws but regardless they should have been happy that meat is on the table. Pretty pathetic that they let the meat waste and made you self report but that is why the LEH/Tag holder should always be present.

Good job on your groups moose this year! Best of luck to you in the remainder of the season.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

Handshake deal in camp.......... but not legal. Only if you had a shared hunt on that cow tag could you legally participate in the harvest of that cow. And your buddy could not legally participate in the harvest (shooting) of your bull. Your only participation of the others moose is packing it out or calling it in, not shooting.
    No miscommunication, you misunderstood the law. But to be fair you self reported yourself and took your lumps, and got new hunting partners - i can respect that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce44 View Post
    We had a miscommunication. At the start of the day he said "if we hear a gunshot, lets all get back together so we don't accidentally shoot the same thing twice". I heard that as confirmation that I could shoot his cow and he could shoot my bull.
    Last edited by tyreguy; 09-29-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_29 View Post

I can understand why someone would not want to commit a crime to conceal someone else’s crime.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    I can understand why someone would not want to commit a crime to conceal someone else’s crime.
    Sure, but to leave your winger out to dry is gutless.

Fat slobs in camo on ATV shoots moose lol, rings a bell

interesting story, still not entirely clear why the cow couldn't be driven to the butcher cooler? but I'm sure the CO appreciated the honesty, as I've also read reports of self reporting not getting off so light
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by Razor84 View Post
    Fat slobs in camo on ATV shoots moose lol, rings a bell
    I wasn’t on my atv and road hunting when We ran into the moose. We were a good 800m from the trail head. We just use our atvs to get from one trail head to another. Otherwise it would have been a 2 hour walk down a road to the trail head. I’m fat yes, slob no. I’ve probably put more time in the gym and lifted enough weight to fold you in half.

you going to contribute anything or you just going to continue trying to be a failed comedian?
    Last edited by bruce44; 09-29-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    interesting story, still not entirely clear why the cow couldn't be driven to the butcher cooler? but I'm sure the CO appreciated the honesty, as I've also read reports of self reporting not getting off so light
    We had to wait for the CO and the butcher wouldn’t accept an animal without a tag with it.