Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Long hunting journey finally lead to my first big game

Re: Long hunting journey finally lead to my first big game

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    To put your hunting partner in a position where he has to break the law to cover your ass is pretty shitty. Stuff like this can easily compound into multiple people with multiple charges and loss of hunting privileges. I totally understand why someone would not want to be a part of something like this.
    Yes agree that it's a shitty situation but let's be honest the conservation officers are not the friggin FBI. Nobody was getting multiple charges all that needed to happen was a guy cut the tag and the situation disappears. You are correct that this sort of hand shake deal can obviously go sideways, thats where we agree, where we disagree is letting the meat spoil and have someone in your group self report themselves is so unnecessary. I would argue that the most ethical thing to do in the situation is cut the tag...if the rest of the group decided this guy really was a knob just tell him so and never hunt with him again and don't waste the aninal.

Basically what I'm getting at is everybody in this situation really blew it lol. Buddy pulling the trigger when he shouldn't have honestly or not and the guy with the coe tag letting the meat spoil and hanging the other dude out.
    Last edited by Danny_29; 09-29-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tyreguy View Post
    Like i said, take a break from posting as all you're doing is digging yourself deeper.
    The issue many refer to is not the fact that your hunting buddies in camp would not tag the moose you shot, it is because it wasn't legal - the whole process wasn't legal. Even if your buddy DID tag it the process is illegal. Your outlook was your buddy was a dick for not tagging it and the moose went rotten - and some thought to support that but in the end it wasn't legal. You had a handshake deal that went south - that you keep to yourself and the CO, its not interesting reading.
    Its done and you owned up to it, but when hunting is looked at by the public as being unnecessary and treated like hunters disobey the law and shoot everything it doesn't help the cause much when a guy comes onto a website and brags about his first moose kill as being the one he shot illegally and his buddy wouldn't tag it and then top it off that the moose went rotten. The hunting community does not condone that activity and that is where the backlash is coming from.
    Think before you speak and some details maybe are not necessary for everyone to know, its not my ego its just what you said.
    Has nothing to do with Covid or Vancouver so please don't deflect like its someone else fault.
    What are you talking about? I never said the guy was a dick or infer it. In fact I even apologized to him afterwards for putting him in that position. I was 100% in the wrong and admitted to it. I wasn’t bragging about shooting that cow. I was admitting the error of my ways and showing how I learned from it. What is happening here. Am I in the twilight zone?

The meat going rotten was 100% his fault. I wanted to pack it up and move it but he told me we shouldn’t move it and keep it by the kill site because the CO would like to see where we shot it. He also said no butcher would take the meat without his tag.
    Last edited by bruce44; 09-29-2020 at 04:01 PM.

Popcorn? Get your popcorn
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by bruce44 View Post

The meat going rotten was 100% his fault. I wanted to pack it up and move it but he told me we shouldn’t move it and keep it by the kill site because the CO would like to see where we shot it. He also said no butcher would take the meat without his tag.
    Dude, step away from the keyboard...

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Popcorn? Get your popcorn
    Hasn’t been an HBC dogpile like this in awhile!

Quote Originally Posted by bcsteve View Post
    Dude, step away from the keyboard...
    lol no shit - what a bafoon

well said tyreguy

Quote Originally Posted by tyreguy View Post
    Like i said, take a break from posting as all you're doing is digging yourself deeper.
    The issue many refer to is not the fact that your hunting buddies in camp would not tag the moose you shot, it is because it wasn't legal - the whole process wasn't legal. Even if your buddy DID tag it the process is illegal. Your outlook was your buddy was a dick for not tagging it and the moose went rotten - and some thought to support that but in the end it wasn't legal. You had a handshake deal that went south - that you keep to yourself and the CO, its not interesting reading.
    Its done and you owned up to it, but when hunting is looked at by the public as being unnecessary and treated like hunters disobey the law and shoot everything it doesn't help the cause much when a guy comes onto a website and brags about his first moose kill as being the one he shot illegally and his buddy wouldn't tag it and then top it off that the moose went rotten. The hunting community does not condone that activity and that is where the backlash is coming from.
    Think before you speak and some details maybe are not necessary for everyone to know, its not my ego its just what you said.
    Has nothing to do with Covid or Vancouver so please don't deflect like its someone else fault.

I just dont have time to monitor this one. Closed