Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who uses Ultra Light Cots?

Who uses Ultra Light Cots?

Hey Guys

Really thinking about picking up an ultra light Cot wondering who has experience with them and if there is a preffered brand or model that everyone is using. I see on Amazon there are bunch of different models and price ranges.

Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Who uses Ultra Light Cots?

This Guy does a quick review of a Light Weight Cot while reviewing his SO Tipi.

https://youtu.be/xNu_V06LzSw

I was just in a hunt camp where to guys had the alps mountainering cots. They were brand new never used and the guys were happy with them after a weeks use.

Quote Originally Posted by Astepanuk View Post
    Hey Guys

Really thinking about picking up an ultra light Cot wondering who has experience with them and if there is a preffered brand or model that everyone is using. I see on Amazon there are bunch of different models and price ranges.

Thanks.
    If I had your money Andrew I’d probably just buy the most expensive one I could find. That usually limits your chance of getting junk.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    If I had your money Andrew I’d probably just buy the most expensive one I could find. That usually limits your chance of getting junk.
    hahah I wish have you seen our Stock Price...

Thermarest makes two models. I forget the names. One has round feet and has no thermal layer and one has curved sort of moon shaped feet and a slight thermal layer. I’ve spent lots of nights on the round footed one and it’s great, especially if you pack a sleeping pad of some kind as well (if it’s cold that really helps). Around 3lbs I believe and easy to set up once you’ve done it a couple times.

I made one from balsa wood, so it's ultra-ultra light... After a good nights dinner and drinking it probably won't stand up to me!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Canadian Tire carries a Woods brand one that is pretty light and sturdy, looks like it's on sale right now too:
    https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/w...5849p.html#srp

Quote Originally Posted by grantk View Post
    Canadian Tire carries a Woods brand one that is pretty light and sturdy, looks like it's on sale right now too:
    https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/w...5849p.html#srp
    Thanks thats a nice looking Cot very similar design to the expensive Helinox cot one.

Not exactly ultra light but I picked up a FE Active cot off Amazon for $99. I don't have experience with any other cot to make a comparison but my 5 month pregnant wife found it comfy and supportive after a week of sleeping on it up north. I'll be using it for 2 nights this weekend. I believe a fellow does a comparison between the FE and the Helinox on Amazon.