Thread: 3-29 Dewdrop-Rousseau Birds?

Question 3-29 Dewdrop-Rousseau Birds?

Am I right in thinking that this area, say below red plateau and above kamloops lake, with the exception of the eco-reserve might hold some chuckars? Thinking the draws above and below the lake would hold some birds. Can anyone with experience in this area PM or comment? I'm getting okay at Grouse hunting around the loops but not so much the other birds we have around! What about the grasslands, Long lake road area? The dogs and I are always willing to burn some boot leather and get hiking, not looking for any secret spots just keen to know if we're headed in the right direction. We are local to the loops

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 3-29 Dewdrop-Rousseau Birds?

I know they are in the area just west Red Lake and Copper Creek, get on the downhill slope that overlooks the Thompson. I have seen some good coveys down there. There are some small roads leading off the Sebastian road that parallel it. This pin isn't exact but this is the general area - https://maps.apple.com/?q=50.792130,...25201,0.062098
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Thanks weatherby_man, appreciate the tip! Was wondering how to get over into that area!

Quote Originally Posted by imack91 View Post
    Thanks weatherby_man, appreciate the tip! Was wondering how to get over into that area!
    Hope you get some down there!

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Whats the deal with dogs off the leash in that area, i thought i read they cant be off the leash in the wildlife reserve.. .but obviously it is legal to hunt and legal to hunt with a dog... anyone know, i did email the CO but got no response.
    i would like to get into some grouse over that way.
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the the most intelligent , it is the one most adaptable to change"

@simonvancouver I believe dogs are okay! There is a popular hike, Battle Bluff, in that area that is popular with hikers and dog walkers. Also a past post from HBC: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...t-the-dew-drop I think we are safe to take our dogs and guns out there after some birds!

In that same sort of area for grouse I had a lot of success on the roads up behind Red Lake the turnoff is just south of Red Lake going up the hill - heading kind of north - there is also a turnoff there going south as well so note that. There was a particularly good productive spot on a downhill part of that road behind Red that was very grouse-y. Also if you turn north from the farm just west of Red when you get down into the valley that was good a couple times for birds and rabbits.

Quakee Surpee Neekoo