Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Used or new? Utv/side by side

Re: Used or new? Utv/side by side

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    Winch out before throttle out can save you a lot of money on any machine.
    Ain't that the golden truth!!

I have bought 3 new ones. I have owned 50” and 63” machines I prefer the 50” machine by far. Goes more places and fits in my truck box.

My buddies all own them and they get rid of them after warranty expire on them for good reason... Unless you know the previous owner they are a gamble in my opinion

I’ve been toying with the idea of selling my sxs. Pm me for details

I have a 800 razor, 2014 with less than 2k on odometer, never use it.. has stereo, speakers, hard doors, hard roof, bush bars, mags etc...was a showroom model... just toying of selling it
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

My brother has been running a Yamaha Rhino 700 for 10 years now and I bought my grizzly 700 at the same time. The rhino will go almost as far as the grizzly will in rough trails but it’s top speed is around 60kmh unless your reving it to the moon. If I were buying a side by side for mostly trails go with the Rhino but if you plan on a lot of FSR and riding longer distances with guys in quads or faster side by sides it’s a little annoying not being able to keep up. I wouldn’t worry too much about buying used if you can get a deal and it’s bone stock with little to no mods but like someone else said guys want almost the same price as new so it’s easier to just buy new a lot of the time.

There are some that are used for farm work that havent been beaten up . I have a Polaris Ranger , bullet proof

A friend of mine just bought a 2012 rhino for $7000 with really low kms. I think it’s a good machine for the price, plus it came with all of the add ons you’d want to install yourself. Winch, led lights, windshield, roof, stereo
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

I’ve been looking at used quads for a second machine. I’ll only buy Yamaha or Honda and the used Honda’s around 2004-2006 seem to be asking around $6000. I think this is a little bit ridiculous when a new one is just over 10k, but resale value might be worth considering if you’re buying new.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

As Bustercluck just mentioned, everyone seems to think they're 10+ year old machine with 5000+ kms on it is still worth 6 or 7 grand. There are machines out there that have been well looked after, but those are few and far between. I bought my 2016 Suzuki King Quad 500 new at the end of 2016 for 9500. I couldn't justify the price difference between new and used