Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Used or new? Utv/side by side

Used or new? Utv/side by side

In the market for a side by side. Don’t know if I should fork out the extra money for brand new or a used one. 2015 and newer. Basically know nothing about em. Just came back from my leh hunt and roads were awful. Don’t want to take the truck in the Bush any more. Almost got stuck 10 times. What brand make and model.. thanks to those who reply in advance...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Used or new? Utv/side by side

I just bought a 2019 Yamaha Viking VI (6 seater for big family). But I am definitely loving it.

The yamahas are certainly reliable. Look for one that has service records. We use different SXS at work and the yamahas have proven most reliable and tough. The polaris are great units but tend to have more issues

Majority of SxS owners beat the crap out of them.....there’s no such thing as “putting around” in one. If it were me I would buy brand new and save the headache and bs from buying used. I’ve always bought new and some buddies always buy used....guess who never has problems while out playing around?...

Quote Originally Posted by notyalc View Post
    Majority of SxS owners beat the crap out of them.....there’s no such thing as “putting around” in one. If it were me I would buy brand new and save the headache and bs from buying used. I’ve always bought new and some buddies always buy used....guess who never has problems while out playing around?...
    yea me too i usually buy knew everything. not a fan of used. i looked on fb market place and even used utv's goin for over 20k...iv heard polaris have issues, a buddy told me canam is a great machine. heard good things about yamaha also. haven't heard anything about kawasaki or honda. thanks for responses guys.

basically looking around 15-20k for base models after add ons...

Maple Ridge, Horse Lake but sometimes the dog house

I have a 2016 Yamaha Viking, 3,400 kms on it. it has been great, certainly reduces the wear and tear on the truck and can go into areas you'd cringe at taking a decent truck. Change oil and coolant on it religiously, grease all the suspension, clean it up after every outing. Carries 3 occupants, typically, with all their gear and 2 to 4 Elkhounds in a wire crate in the bed. I don't ratbag it because I need it to last and they aren't cheap. I bought it new for much of the reasons mentioned above but you may find some gems out there. Good luck in your search.
    Cody: It's a pretty cool sidearm you got there. What is it?
    Four Leaf Tayback: I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life.

Marvin Boggs

Frank, I never thought I'd say this again. I'm getting the pig!
    Frank, we gotta get rid of this broad. I know a great place up the road. Lots of alligators.

Marvin: If there's one thing I know, it's women and covert operations.
    Frank: Marvin, that's two things.
    Han Cho Bai: No, grasshopper. It is not.

We just threw down on a Kawasaki teryx 4. Pick it up this weekend!

Bought a Can Am Maverick Trail in May, New. Looked local, everything had high mileage or issues. Easy to rack up the miles, im an occasional rider i'm over 2200 k.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check
    Made payable for an amount of 'up to
    and including my life'. That is Honor, and there are way too many people
    in This country who no longer understand it.'
    You only walk this Earth once,
    make sure your tracks are deep.

Winch out before throttle out can save you a lot of money on any machine.