Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Used or new? Utv/side by side

Re: Used or new? Utv/side by side

Quote Originally Posted by t-rexer View Post
    I bought a Kawasaki teryx in 08 brand new. Loved that machine. I flipped it with the mrs going 80km,that wasn’t fun. Only damage to the machine was the box was a right off and the cage got tweaked about 3/4”. I kept it for another couple years using it for hunting and going out with the boys. I sold it almost a year ago and bought a 4 seater teryx as my family has grown. I bought band new again and I plan to have this for 10 yrs or more. Last one lasted me 10 before I upgraded.
    Kawasaki puts out a super reliable machine with enough power to get you where you need to be and they back it with a 3 yr warranty which was another selling feature. I’m super happy with the kawi.
    which ever route you go a winch is 100% Needed as they are heavy machines. 4000lb winch at least. And a full windshield don’t mess around with a half windshield they don’t do anything. I have a super at. Flip up windshield so I can open it if it’s to hot.
    I just bought a terry’s 4, and goin out this weekend into the bush. No spare, and it came with maxis 2.0 tires. I’ve been told to change out my tires as these go flat very easy. Have you had experience with these? Availability of spares is bleak. Guy says he can’t even get tubes for his bikes!
    anywase I’ve gone to crappy tire and picked up plugs and am brining the 12v compressor.
    Got my winch mounted, a flip down windshield, and a bump seat for my 2yr old son!
    hoping for the best!

2014 honda pioneer, no belt, no transfer case, just 3 gears ahead 1 reverse ,i have the 700-4, has convertable seats in the back not fast but comfortable and quiet

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

If you are buying a UTV that is not a sport model far better chance of not being beaten and had the bag ran off it. I bought 3 UTV models utility not sport all with less that 750 kms on them and saved a ton. New is nice for sure, but so is that extra $5000 in your pocket for another hunt or two. As mentioned the Yamaha Viking is a good solid machine, and will be my choice if I get another one. It is a bit bigger even for 3 seater, but good reliable machine. Honda is decent, but can be pricey , the Polaris ranger 570 is a good price great motor and excellent on fuel, just does not have a engine brake. I have had a couple Arctic cats I was never a fan of them, but this 2016 I have is great. There is deals to be had for good used machines, if you watch they will come up especially after hunting season. Xmas and tax times are when the prices are better
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by nornscreek View Post
    2014 honda pioneer, no belt, no transfer case, just 3 gears ahead 1 reverse ,i have the 700-4, has convertable seats in the back not fast but comfortable and quiet
    I contracted to a company that had many of both. The 500s were FAR more reliable, and unless you need to carry 4 people, are far nicer to operate. The 700s are autos and suck on hills. The 500s are paddle shift so you can gear down for hills. I beat the living tar out of one of the 500s for an entire spring to fall season working in the bush and it never even hiccuped. When I say I flogged it, I mean torture. Imagine the worst beating, and then do it every day for 6 months.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneerman View Post
    ... , the Polaris ranger 570 is a good price great motor and excellent on fuel, just does not have a engine brake...
    Some of them it's as easy as having a 1 way clutch bearing installed. Some of them it's a clutch, clutch bearing and belt... but can be done.

Some of these comments show that you can't believe everything you read on the internet...

Quote Originally Posted by kosser View Post
    I’m gonna look at Honda, arctic cat, can am, Yamaha and Kawasaki. I think 500-750 models will be perfect for what il use it for. Trails, scouting, hunting ext.. il put winch on and excessories after. Looked at fb market place and not a lot on there, everyone wants $$$ so il look at new. Only machine that iv heard had issues so far was Polaris. Again thanks to everyone that put in there two cents.
    I would avoid Arctic cat. My neighbour had one. He kept it about a year. too many problems. And you needed ear plugs in when riding in it . It was very noisy inside. The plexiglass windows scratched really easily and they didn't open.

Polaris / Yamaha. Watch width to go more places. If buying that new warranty and brand new might be worth the financing and less hassles. Buy older if you can fix it.

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    Some of them it's as easy as having a 1 way clutch bearing installed. Some of them it's a clutch, clutch bearing and belt... but can be done.
    Yes I looked into it when I owned it and I wanted to do the same, but even then it is not a good engine brake, the better way to go would be the DuraClutch system, in the states it is like $900 to get one here they want $2000 but it does come complete with everything you need, remove the whole side and replace with this, seen lots of reviews it is impressive, but then so is the Yamaha engine braking and no extra costs
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

What drive system does Kawasaki use on their Mule SXS Pro model, I really like the idea of a 3 cyl engine rather than a big bore single but can't seem to find much on their drive system. I also like their windshield and roof much better than the others I have looked at as it doesn't drip water all over the dash.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should