Thread: English Lab pup

English Lab pup

A fellow is looking for an English Lab pup.
    Any breeders you recommend?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: English Lab pup

No such thing as an “English” bred lab. There are either “show or bench” bred or “field bred labs or a cross between the two. I’m sure you’re friend means the former.

Makaila labs in Mission breeds bench bred and is as good a breeder as there is if you want that look. If he wants a combination of show and field then Cedarbrae on the Island would be a great choice.
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

Most know exactly what you mean when you say you want an English lab. I was in your buddies shoes a couple years ago and asked the same question here and think I got the same answer from Labguy.

I wanted a lab with a blockier body style, larger head of what I knew as an English Lab. What I was after was the look of a a bench dog not a field dog. But I also wanted a dog I could train for waterfowling and a family dog.

My girl Jessie is a Cedarbrae pup and the sire was from Makaila labs.

She is very trainable, has pleanty of drive, fun to go in the field with and a cuddly suck at home. Most importantly, she's gentle with my grandson and loves hanging out with him. She is only 63 pounds but a little powerhouse in the field.

Cedarbrae has 2 litters on the ground right now, but they should be on their way to their homes soon. Pretty sure the are all spoken for. Cedarbrae has a facebook page. Contact Tracey and ask her about future litters or other kennels that she would recommend.

Last edited by Ron.C; 10-03-2020 at 08:14 AM.

Thanks fellas, I'll pass these 2 on.

Yep what Ron and Brian said, call Tracy at Cedarbre great dogs great people, you cant loose.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.