Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lodestone lake

Re: Lodestone lake

was up there every weekend in Sept as my mom has property in Tulameen. Was a parade of trucks on every FSR and I lost count how many ATVs and off road clubs using the area.
    Talked to friends that are in Coalmont and they have hunted hard for 2 weeks. No bucks. Minimal deer seen. Traffic and weather they feel.

Now that its Oct any buck I would expect triple the traffic as that what happens every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound View Post
    was up there every weekend in Sept as my mom has property in Tulameen. Was a parade of trucks on every FSR and I lost count how many ATVs and off road clubs using the area.
    Talked to friends that are in Coalmont and they have hunted hard for 2 weeks. No bucks. Minimal deer seen. Traffic and weather they feel.

Now that its Oct any buck I would expect triple the traffic as that what happens every year.

In other words there’s lots of deer around and not many other hunters. Lots of area to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    I'm responding from my Tulameen cabin.
    Just got here yesterday, haven't really been out and about, saw a number of does driving in but no bucks.
    Son lives in Princeton, spent a few days late last week / weekend in the Princeton - Lodestone, etc areas again lots of does, one buck and a number of bears. Pretty empty around here but expect there to be a lot of hunters out this weekend.
    Read between the lines folks. Lots of does means lots of bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by rageous View Post
    Read between the lines folks. Lots of does means lots of bucks.
    Hush, no need to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by rageous View Post
    In other words there’s lots of deer around and not many other hunters. Lots of area to explore.

Anybody that spends time on hbc and fb groups knows my family and I hunt princeton and tulameen for the last 13 years. Almost every weekend from may to nov I am in the mountains there with my kids and my elkhounds. Hiking. Exploring. Driving ..scouting and hunting.

We have had incredible success. There are a lot of deer in them there hills.
    But in 13 years..... this sept was the first time my kids were not successful in canceling tags in the first week of sept.

What I'm saying is. If you think a hunter is going to be very successful hunting bucks there by driving the road and walking into the odd cutblock then they would be mistaken.

The roads are pounded HARD. Not just by hunters. But by atv enthusiasts and off road clubs.

But if you are willing to park and hike. You will get your buck.
    My daughter and I got a double header of 4pts in 2017.
    Took 5 of us 4.5hrs to get those deer to the truck.
    If someone is prepared for work. They will be rewarded.

I have spent 20 years trying to help youth and new hunters into being successful hunters. So when someone asks a question like the original poster. I'm not afraid to post up truths.
    Come up and hunt lodestone. You wont be getting the bucks I'm looking at.

To the OP.... it’s a great area. More deer are shot on thanksgiving weekend in that area then any other weekend of the year. Your trip timing should be perfect. Hopefully get a dusting of snow to get the deer moving.
    I’ve been hunting it for almost 30 years.

No shortage of deer up there. Hit it hard and get off the roads. Great place to go that isn't far from the mainland.

Hunted that area since 1980....

Still the odd deer around. You do need to stay on the beaten path.....

Quote Originally Posted by Leaseman View Post

That's the problem, the path is so well beaten its now a hwy LOL
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    That's the problem, the path is so well beaten its now a hwy LOL

Originally Posted by Leaseman

To the OP and anyone else looking for mule deer here’s some more confirmation the area is really good.

welcome