Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lodestone lake

Lodestone lake

Going up there on the 16th for two weeks, anyone been in the Princeton, coalmont, tulameen area the last two weeks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Lodestone lake

Spent 4 days off the Princeton/Summerland road last week with my 7 year old.

Lots of does but no Muley bucks.

Had one elk bugle back a few times from the next ridge over until an ATV drove down the logging road in the valley between us.

Saw 3 black bears, one nice boar but couldn’t stalk close enough before he topped the ridge and disappeared.

Traffic wasn’t too heavy during the Monday and Tuesday - a bit heavy on the Saturday/Sunday.

Not much fresh sign down low - had to get up high before the critters were moving.

Son was up Loadstone, Garrison, out Tulameen way maybe a week or so ago, saw nothing.
    It was still pretty hot and smoky so imagine it's a lot better now.
    I'm heading to Tulameen Tues or Weds for a week or so, will let you know if it's improved.
    It's usually a lot better in October and you get the any buck mulie and "antlerless" white tail opportunities.

Lodestone? The one right on the whipsaw 4x4 trail?
    Is there actually game around there? That area sure gets a TON of traffic. I remember doing this trail a few times in my jeep and that trail seemed always super busy

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Lodestone? The one right on the whipsaw 4x4 trail?
    Is there actually game around there? That area sure gets a TON of traffic. I remember doing this trail a few times in my jeep and that trail seemed always super busy
    The Lodestone FSR is pretty long and leads to a lot of decent hunting areas.
    For sure to avoid on the Thanksgiving Weekend.
    Son is off work most Fridays so he can hit it before the LMR crowd arrives.

Thanx all, we were up there a few years ago but my bud ruined his back had to leave, lots of cutblocks and we are using quads so access isn't a problem, fish for a while also.

I will never hunt the Tulameen area on thanksgiving weekend again. What an absolute gong show!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron600 View Post
    I will never hunt the Tulameen area on thanksgiving weekend again. What an absolute gong show!
    Yup, it can be pretty busy with hunters and ATVers.
    We tend to hit a few less popular areas then, we didn't get anything but saw a number of Mulie bucks and a neighbour got two small white tails.

Hello, anyone currently up in the Coalmont/Tulameen area? See any Mulie bucks and how is are the hunter numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by DesiMunda View Post
    Hello, anyone currently up in the Coalmont/Tulameen area? See any Mulie bucks and how is are the hunter numbers?
    I'm responding from my Tulameen cabin.
    Just got here yesterday, haven't really been out and about, saw a number of does driving in but no bucks.
    Son lives in Princeton, spent a few days late last week / weekend in the Princeton - Lodestone, etc areas again lots of does, one buck and a number of bears. Pretty empty around here but expect there to be a lot of hunters out this weekend.